V-Twin Carburetor Upgrade

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
A main jet is not gonna lean it out and then get better the higher it turns, so your sayin' its like running out of fuel or the speed stalls out?
Sounds kinda like its runnin' out of air and catches its breath, what do you do to get it passed the flat spot?

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Sounds kinda like its runnin' out of air and catches its breath, what do you do to get it passed the flat spot?

A hill?
Get it?
Flat spot
Hill

:rotflmao:

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
If the slide is wide open how does the pedal, sorry, petal go down any further/farther?

it just pulls the cable a little tighter.....i didnt adjust the linkage under the cart to make it longer or shorter which ever way i would have to make it not have the extra 1/4" that it has before it hits the floor.

A hill?
Get it?
Flat spot
Hill

:rotflmao:

lol oh so funny yor are.....

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
A main jet is not gonna lean it out and then get better the higher it turns, so your sayin' its like running out of fuel or the speed stalls out?

if i just leave it it will eventually get past it and continue to rev if i reach down there and choke it a little it goes right away which is why i am thinking just a little bit bigger main. that is also why i want to see where the slide is in relation to the pedal I just measured today and it is wide open before the pedal is on the floor by further than i thought it was. so my next move is to adjust the linkage. when i checked to make sure that it opened it all the way initially i just pushed it to the floor and looked in and saw it was open didn't look any closer than that. if i go to wot from lower rpm like 2k it revs up to about 4k stalls a little and then moves it might be to much gas and not enough air sometimes when i choke it a little with my fingers it takes right off but sometimes my fingers get a little wet with gas like blowback.....i went from a 280 to the one i drilled which was to big to a 300 which is pretty good i have a 290 i can try

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Gotta be at operating temp and needs to run the air cleaner to diffuse air charge, i doubt it will ever be 100%. A 36mm with a 320 main would be da bomb:twocents:

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i doubt it will ever be 100% either, and im probably just splitting hairs now. yes that carb you suggested would probaby have been killer too bad i didnt have the money for it.... I appreciate all of your and steves help

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
thats the plan.....i just added up all of the receipts to see how much im into it for insurance and it was more than i thought by 2k......lol

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
Insurance?

yes insurance.....i called my insurance company and asked if while it was on the trailer if it was covered and they said no because it is a mortorized toy it wasnt covered if it gets damaged but that they sold ins to cover it for cheap. 75 buck a year for full coverage if it get wrecked or stolen its covered for 6500 worth

dirtysouth

yes insurance.....i called my insurance company and asked if while it was on the trailer if it was covered and they said no because it is a mortorized toy it wasnt covered if it gets damaged but that they sold ins to cover it for cheap. 75 buck a year for full coverage if it get wrecked or stolen its covered for 6500 worth

Damn, that's easy enough. I got nuttin on mine at the house.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
im so glad i asked. i would havd been pissed if it got wrecked on the trailer. so happy to know that if i wreck it while driving it it has insurance too...money grubbin bastards insurance companies are. hey who ever answers the phone at your office rocks she was really helpful when i called there the other day to try and figure out how much money i spent on parts and such.

Diode

The way I used to find the correct jet size was to take one of my old Jets drill it out a little larger then fill the jet with Solder Start with a small hole then handrill it larger One drill size at a time until it runs the way you want it Then go a little larger To make sure then buy the correct jet

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
Thank you for the trick I drilled one several sizes bigger than the one that I had just to see the got several sizes between the one I had and the one I drilled. I'm pretty close right now and still have other jets to try.

pbillyi69

Cartaholic
i know it has been a long time since this thread was started.. life is funny like that sometimes. I finally had some time to work on this cart. I have been working on the jetting of this carb the last few days and finally I think I have it all set up and running correctly. I need to run it full throttle for a bit and check the plug. But I think my main is either right on or only one jet off. And I'm pretty sure that I finally have the right needle and needle jet set up. It runs pretty good.....