HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
- What's new with the upgraded forum:

- User posts can be liked/unliked
- User can now upload attachments without needing a picture host
- User can log in with Facebook ID
- Posts can now be multi quoted
- You can also highlight specific areas of a post and quote it
- PM's are now called conversations, basically the same as PM with different name
- One major difference with PM/Conversations is leaving a conversation is the same as deleting a PM
- Threads can be tagged
- Threads can be rated
- Posting a link will automatically take text from the links website and display it automatically in a post
- Youtube links will automatically change to a thumnail that can be watched without leaving the post or forum
- Trophies are awarded for posting, liking posts, etc and help you upgrade your levels to access more forum functions
- Automatic switching forum skin for smart phones and tablets
- Much more that I'm sure I missing and will be adding to this list

- ***Coming Soon***:

- Full featured resource manager that is integrated into the forum and will allow sponsors to sell and advertise their products
- Forum members will also be able to sell used golf cart parts directly from the forum using paypal or any prefered method of payment you choose
- Rating system for sponsors and members selling items
- The resource manager will also be where all the wiring diagrams, manuals, etc will be placed
- For the end user it won't be much differnent with the exception of diagrams and other resources being easier to find

- Photo/Media Gallery that is integrated into the forum.
- The Resource Manager and Photo/Media Gallery are installed now and I'll be setting them up and getting them live soon
- Intigrated webpage for sponsors

- 17th year this forum has been up and running - Thank you for using Cartaholics and Thank you to the sponsors who supprt the forum

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
UPDATE:

- Media Gallery is installed and running. I'll need to do some tweaking on it but feel free to create a album and upload a couple pictures of your carts.
-At this time only GOLF CART PICTURES are allowed and no HOTLINKING to other sites until I upgrade to unlimited bandwidth. Any pictures that are hot linked to other sites or not golf carts will be deleted.
- Resource Manager is up and running. Right now it's set so only Admins can add content. We will be adding Golf Cart Wiring Diagram, Manuals, Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting Guides, etc...

Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
UPDATE:
Resource Manager:

- Added Wiring Diagrams, Troubleshooting Diagrams, Service Manuals and other Resources to the Resource Manager
- If anyone has any diagrams or any other resources that you think could be useful let me know and I'll add them to the Resource Manager. I'll be adding new stuff when I have time to scan more.
- Next Step will be to Add Forum Sponsors who want to participate in selling Golf Cart Parts and Accessories through the Resource Manager.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Update:

Cartaholics is now connected to Facebook, Goggle+, Twitter and several other social media websites. This gives the ability to log into Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum using your Facebook, Goggle+ and Twitter accounts.
There's several ways to share or tweet pages or individual posts. You can use the buttons at the bottom left of each page to share the page you're on or you can click the post number located at the bottom right of each individual post. You can use these features even if you are logged in with you regular forum account so there's no need to log in using your social media account to use the features.

There's also a like text link on the bottom right of each post and clicking that will like the post on Cartaholics only. So if you like something a member posts give them a like. or use the social media buttons to share on any that you have a account on.

Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Update:

I added some smiley's and there's 2 new tabs once you click the smiley button in the post area. The Animated tab is all animated smiley's and the Signs tab is all signs. I haven't checked them on a phone or tablet to make sure

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Update:

I added some smiley's and there's 3 new tabs once you click the smiley button in the post area.

Animated:
tab is all animated smiley's.
Signs: tab is all smiley's holding signs.
Logo: tab is golf cart logos and some other logos.

I checked them on my cell phone to make sure they didn't mess up the display and everything looked fine. If anyone has any trouble with their phones or tablets please let me know.
Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Update:

Added SSL certificate to the server in preparation for a online golf cart parts store in the future.
You'll notice in your browsers address bar it now shows the URL as https.
If you notice any problem viewing anything on the forum please let me know.
Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
UPDATE:

I updated the forum to the latest version of XenForo and latest version of the Media Gallery. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
HRC

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
The sponsor banners are now on the forum sidebar. That's the only place I can put them on the forum without causing issues with the mobile/tablet display.