Micro switches for 66 harley cart

Tumminelli

Hi. Trying to piece together my 66 Harley Davidson golf cart I picked up. It was a basket case but most of it was there. I redid the trans ( new bearings and seals) and I am attempting to try and figure out how this cart goes back together. I have the Columbia service, but not much help on some of the small stuff.

Right now my question is how and where the 2 micro switches (the accelerator and starter switch) are mounted?? Does any body have a photo of this??

I have not attempted to start the engine yet. One step art a time.

Also anyone know where the parts in the last photo go? Haven't figured it out yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 18

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
looks good, there should be a hole to right of where the brake rod comes out and in line with the gas pedal. If I remember right there was a rod that connected to the pedal that had a washer/cup bolted to the end of it, the starter switch mounted into the bracket and was operated when the cup moved back when you pushed the pedal.
IMG_0505.JPG

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I have a service manual at the shop and i'll look and see if it shows a picture of it tomorrow.

Tumminelli

So if you look at mY photo I have the rod coming through. Guess I'm missing the cup and bracket. I'll have to try and make them.

Any clue where the roller starter switch mounts??

Thanks for your response, Paul

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
That's it i see it now, not sure of what the roller switch is your asking about?

Tumminelli

From what I understand the starter/ generator is inside the engine. When you push on the gas pedal to start the cart this starter switch somehow tells the the starter to stop starting because the cart is on its way. Somehow this switch is activated by the motion of the cart. Just not sure where it mounts or what it pushes against?

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Its coming back to me now, i think it mounted on a bracket and worked off the end of the drive clutch. I'll look at the manual tomorrow and get back to ya.

Tumminelli

Wow!! That would be great. If you can send me a photo in case I have to make a bracket that would be even better. Paul

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The accelerator pedal switch will mount in the bracket right above where the rod comes out.

Tumminelli

Nubs, this is a huge help. I guess there is no photo of the bracket itself since I think I will have to make one.

Also do you know where I can get a set of points? The vintage cart place only has the points for 67 and newer, mine is 66. Thanks again ,Paul

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The points are long gone also, most points can be saved with some sanding and time.

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Nice
54576345-6167-4500-86af-5154e611247d-jpeg.2047