1973 3 Wheeled HD Gas Golf Cart

Discussion in 'Harley Driver's Club' started by Larry McMinn, May 1, 2017.

1. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

I am rebuilding a 1973 HD GOLF cart engine. I have found and purchased everything but the connecting rod bearing to the crankshaft. Any ideas where I could find one. Or find one close where I could hone the connecting rod out a bit so it would work?

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Welcome to the forum.

You can try Vintage Golf Cart Parts they carry a lot of the old Harley Davidson golf cart parts. Here's a link to their site.
    Vintage Golf Cart Parts Inc.

3. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

Un fortunately I bought most of my parts there but they no longer carry the connecting rod bearing.

4. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

I even was willing to purchase the whole crank assembly but they were out as well.

5. bunyan

bunyan Member

Ebay usually carries replacement piston and cylinder kits

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

7. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

Thank you I will!

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem your welcome. Let us know how it goes.

9. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

Buggiesunlimited only has the piston side of the rod bearing which I bought. I need the bearing that connects the rod and the crankcase together. It's a needle bearing that is caged. Thanks to all who replied!

10. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Did you call and ask them about it? They have the rod bearing listed on their website. If they don't have it I don't know where else you can look. Good luck and let us know if you fine the bearing.

11. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

It shows as none in stock. I've been working on this one bearing for a month. Thanks for replying.

12. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Hmmm, When I looked it showed 1 left in stock. Someone must have bought it.

13. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

They have the bearing that connects the piston to the rod. It'the bearing that is between the rod and the crankshaft. It is a caged pin bearing.
    It goes inside the rod and then the crank pin is pressed into the crank on both sides.

14. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

The only other thing I can suggest is trying Parts4Carts. The sell used golf cart parts and have a lot of used Harley Davidson Golf Cart Parts. They may have a good used bearing.
    Parts4Carts.com - Used Golf Cart Parts!

15. Larry McMinn

Larry McMinn New Member

Vintagegolfcarts.com Shows one on their site but they have run out. I requested a used crank from them and the bearing. I don't know if they have a source. It sounds like they do. So I'm hoping they come through for me. Thanks for your help. They buy lots of old new stock as well as used parts. I called them and explained my situation and the guy that answered explained to me what to do. I did it and received a confirmation email right away. They seem like nice people.

16. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

That's good to hear and hopefully they can help you out with getting the rod bearing. :thumbsup: