2011 48 Volt EZGO Battery Issue or Charger?

Discussion in 'EZGO Electric' started by Jstn539, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Jstn539

Jstn539 New Member

Went to put my 2011 48 volt EZGO golf cart on the charger and batteries won’t take a charge. The indicator light won’t even come on to act like the charger is working. Batteries are completely dead at this point, or there is a different issue. Lights won’t even come on. New to carts, not sure where to start. Batteries were fine all year, held a charge and cart lasted through the weekend on a full charge.

C5DEE1F0-4525-410D-8EE2-20BEEE4F9451.jpeg

2. Patrick L

Patrick L Member

Can you think of a reason for the batteries being dead ? Check the batteries with a volt meter and see where they are. A cart charger won't charge dead batteries. A regular 10-15 amp charger usually can be used to charge each battery. Does the cart have an amount of charge indicator ?

3. Jstn539

Jstn539 New Member

No reason to be dead. I need to do the voltmeter. Even if the batteries were dead, wouldn’t the charge indicator light still come on? I don’t have a voltage indicator on the cart. Just a light that blinks slower when it’s dead and faster when it’s almost charged.

4. Patrick L

Patrick L Member

Checking total and individual voltages may lead you to something. Your cart may also have a fuse somewhere that I'm not familiar with.