2014 Yamaha Gas Golf Cart Will Not Start After Running a While

Discussion in 'Yamaha Gas' started by Dean A, Nov 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dean A

Dean A New Member

2014 Yamaha gas golf cart just stops or will not start up and go after running for a while..No juice to the switch gas Gage , nothing.... after a "REST" it will start again, and run fine ... I am starting a lot, walking my dog, so stop and go... then it will just not go... Think I know it is electrical, but that is the end of my knowledge... So where do I start or what do I replace????

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

It sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. I'd start with checking the battery cable connections and any other wire connectors. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

3. Dean A

Dean A New Member

Thanks, I have done that and sure will recheck them all... I just thought it might be some switch that got hoe and cut off... But like I said I know nothing about electrical..Thanks again....

4. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

You would need to check that there is power to the starter solenoid with a volt meter after it stalls, i do not know that model cart but many fuel gauges do not read until the starter is activated. A possible starter solenoid problem is where i would start:twocents:

:hattip:

HotRodCarts likes this.
  5. Dean A

Dean A New Member

Well I found a fuse I did not know about or could find... also bought a new battery, mine was 3 years old ... so all up and running.... Thanks for the help...

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Glad you found the problem and thanks for the follow up. Where was the fuse located?

7. Dean A

Dean A New Member

Well another Humble Pie.... Thought I fixed it BUT must have been the new battery... Today, it died again... While I had the back cover off I did check the solenoid and it had 14.4 cross both large post. so I thought all was well... That charge now does not seem to get to the battery SOOOOO ????????????? Maybe the cable???? Battery wend down is about 3 days.... reads 11.94....

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Put a volt meter on the battery and see what the voltage is running the golf cart at half throttle and faster. Post the results and we'll go from there.

9. Dean A

Dean A New Member

Well Yes.. running on the battery There is no charging and the meter shows the battery going down in charge....

10. Dean A

Dean A New Member

So is it the voltage regulator and if so where is a good place to buy one...

11. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

12. Dean A

Dean A New Member

Thanks, Dean