48 Volt Club Car Charging Problems

I have a 1995 48 volt Club Car and having battery charging problems. When I plug in the battery charger it;
clicks, starts to hum, the needle barely moves and settles down at about 0.
It used to click hum much louder and the needle would show that it was charging, moving to at least midway on the dial to 3/4 of the way across the dial.

The cart;
Club Car 48 volt
A9528-445415

The Charger;
Power Drive
Domestic
4/95

Batteries are new, the battery connections are tight clean and good, the charger receptacle and plug seem tight and secure when plugged in, the wires on the back side look and feel to be connected good, no loose wires that I can feel or see.

Thank you in advance for any help

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Connect the black wire at the back of the charge receptacle directly to the negative of the battery pack using a jumper you do not need to disconnect anything else plug the charger back in and see if it charges let us know

Ok I ran the ground wire from the battery pack - to the charge receptacle, it is charging now. It is charging at full amps the needle on the charger is full to the right.

So what have I done, can I continue to use the Power Drive charger?
will it shut off by its self when its done charging? (Im thinking it wont)
Is it best to replace the OBC long term?
Any suggestions on the best course of act from here would be appreciated

Diode

This was just a test to see which section was bad, the OBC is bad.
I would do a OBC reset disconnect a battery lead for an hour and retry if this does not work replace OBC

ok will do...
I think I read that you "disconnect the battery pack - and + press on the accelerator while in reverse until something beeps"
Does any of this sound familiar/right/correct?
this may have been for a different year type whatever

I will disconnect "a battery lead" wait for an hour and try again

Diode

that is the correct way to discharge the controller capacitors quickly, an hour should do the same thing (don't count on it working either way)

I just want to let you know everything Ive done, so we are on the same page.
When I connected the ground wire to by pass the OBC, I plugged it in, and like I stated above it started charging the amp meter went to full charge (all the way to the right)
this was about an hour ago.
Now since I read your post I went to unplug the charger, the amp meter was at about the 1/2 way mark, so can i figure that the charger slowed its charging based on the condition of the batteries?
Right now I unplugged the charger and disconnect the cable and am waiting the hour, I will then disconnect the ground wire (OBC by pass wire) and plug the charger back in.
If the OBC is ok and it has reset it will start charging, if it just clicks and does nothing on the amp meter, I need a new OBC ....Correct?

Diode

yes i think! your last section that should read disconnect the battery cable correct?

Do you have an thoughts on the fact that the charger amp meter had moved to less amps being charged (meter moving to about the midway point when it was far right when I started) is that a good sign?
I was thinking it probably was.

Diode

go to the top of this page click on sponsors and get pricing, and there is always google

Ok well I waited the hour and plugged in the cart and the charger is charging, Is this one of those things if its working it is working, it won't just quit in a hour or something?
Every thing looks good for now.
Thank you for your help, you saved me