72 Volt Hunting Buggy

cwayaustx

Not much done yet but here's the start of a 72 volt hunting buggy I'm building. Waiting on my two speed rearend to do rear suspension.
C38DFEE1-CA38-445E-A91A-7AD40B8DDB46_zpsvmelhfqg.jpg
[/URL]

8A026D43-A4B3-40EF-B605-C6C8CB356C6F_zpsre85j2z8.jpg
[/URL]

Should be pretty tough when done. I was going to run two parallel 72v 68aH Lithium Ion packs from a leaf but when they came in the cells were drained well below the safe discharge voltage so I returned them. I have 9-new us battery eight volts for it.
8" LT lift
Alltrax spm 72v 650a
Quick Charge 72v programmable charger, can be configured back to Li Ion later
SW202 reversing contactor
Czonka 500a continous solenoid
26x12x11 rear and 26x12x9 front bear clear HTR radials
Two speed 10/20:1 rearend, 10:1 and half speed bypass will only be allowed via MY key- haven't decided on a motor yet, have talked to EMP and might go that route or either a D&D custom 52 motor or might even go with a GE "beast" if I can find one.
Was going to run rear seat but will most likely just have a rear box bed.
Have elite steps and a few other things, all in black and body and seats will be mossy oak camo

cwayaustx

Well it looks like that could be an option now.. My Alltrax controller came in from D&D damaged in shipping a few weeks back. I sent it off two weeks ago to Alltrax for replacement and D&D was going to do an insurance claim. Alltrax never received it. I left for work offshore and I had left the receipt in my truck. My awesome wife cleaned out my truck and FedEx says they can't find my tracking number without receipt. $900 down the drain and no ones fault but my own..

GarageBuilt

Well I just happened to have a 96 - volt AC motor & controller. Only been down the track 8 x's . Pulled it out & went from 96 volts AC to 144 DC. Anything you want to know about the motor is stored in the controller. So when I say less then 5 hr total run time. You can pull it up ..Price a new one & make me a offer. But I do need it for just one more race. It's a dirt drag & 72 -volt max. A very big shootout for me. A hot shot up north is going to buy me steaks, pay for my 3 day stay in the finest room in town. Hand crank my ice cream. Ware a shirt that says he got beat by the best. Soooo I do just need it for one more race.... Then I'll damn near give it to you....

cwayaustx

Heck yea!! Go kick some butt then let's talk! I'll hold off on buying another controller or a motor until we talk some more. Is it for an ezgo rearend? I don't think my two speed rear end has shipped yet, I told him to wait until closer for me to being off work so I bet I can have him send and ezgo instead.

cwayaustx

If for some reason All Trax does find the controller or it shows up at my doorstep I'll sell the 400amp in mamas cart and put the 650a 72v in it :cool:

cwayaustx

No lie, I've been pretty stressed out about that loss. That's two old junker carts I could have bought to build:)