Adding Water To Golf Cart Batteries

Discussion in 'Golf Cart Safety' started by Theutvols, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Theutvols

Theutvols New Member

Hey guys ive been reading some on my golfcart today for some reason lol.Any way i read that you need to use distilled water in them instead of tap.Ive just always filled them up out of the waterhose.I was wondering what the effects are and if i need to change it to distilled or what?

Thanks Dave

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on how your water is. Well water or water with a lot of minerals is supposed to be hard on batteries. Your best bet is used distilled water from now on to be safe.

3. Bilito

Bilito New Member

I had a hard time finding distilled water at auto parts and battery stores until someone suggested looking at the water bottles in the grocery store, got a gallon at Publix for 1.49

4. Roy Gurley

Roy Gurley Member

Walmart has it all the time!

5. Bilito

Bilito New Member

I was in Wal Mart in the auto dept and could not find any, so I am guessing it was in the grocery store section with all the other water

6. Roy Gurley

Roy Gurley Member

Yep it is in gallon jugs in the water section grocery

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

You should be able to get distilled water at any grocery store, dollar store, etc.

8. Bilito

Bilito New Member

This was the first time in my life I had a need for distilled water, and I naturally though since it is for all the batteries in a golf cart you would find it at an auto part or battery store, never once dawned on me to check the grocery store for battery water

HotRodCarts likes this.