Bad Boy Buggie Classic With Navitas Controller

woodbutcher

I have a Bad Boy Buggie Classic with Navitas controller. On top of the Navitas contoller there is a silver box with an LED that shows solid red with 3 green flashes. The silver box is labelled Accelerated Systems 1232-0181 Field Retrofit Controller. I think it is the ITS and that the 3 green flashes denote the accelerator type-0-5k. The solid red may indicate that the controller is in the programming mode. How can I get it out of the programming mode?

Zman

Cartaholic
What does the cart do when you try to go? Does the solenoid click? Motor hum? or just nothing.

Matthew Osborne

I'm having the same problem.. Turn the key on solenoid clicks on field controller goes green.. soon as you hit the gas I get an alarm red light on green flashes 3 times

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Hope this schematic comes through

Attachments

• ab0fe1_14557134009446c3ad7356a98f368d2c.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 211

Diode

Well maybe I’m missing something here what are you asking. put a meter on the throttle rheostat check for voltage check for varying throttle if it’s not there replace it Try and verify the code you’re getting

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Three flashes is a pedal fault according to the manual and the troubleshooting docs that @Diode posted. Have you check the throttle pedal wiring and the output voltage from the pedal sensors? The sensors should show 5.0 volts.

Diode

OK I see your dilemma now I downloaded the schematic and they have added an FRK board between the throttle on the controller they couldn’t just leave well enough alone I will take a look at the schematic If you have any other information please post it this may take a while

Diode

Field retrofit kit it’s a part they put in between the throttle and the controller I don’t think the controller is bad

Diode

Here is what I have been able to find out they have a number of these carts run away on their own so they installed a field retrofit kit between the throttle and the controller if you look at the schematic you will see where the output goes to the controller.
If that part does cost $1000 I would purchase a new pedal assembly and re-wire without that box.

Diode

Google this
HXJS-4805 Hall Accelerator Electric Vehicle

Or Look at a PB6 pot box

Matthew Osborne

HXJS-4805 Hall Accelerator Electric Vehicle
I noticed the new accelerator had 5 wires and I have four under the seat from original pedal Just wondering it looks as I can use the same pedel bracket and swap just the potentiometer bases and rewire out the field retrofit box go back to the original