Bad Boy Buggie Help

Justin Milligan

Hello, I am new to the form and new cart owner. I purchased a 98-99 ezgo 4x4 cart pretty cheap, it has Bad Boy buggie on the ID tag. It ran fine but had a knocking in the rearend. So I replaced the rearend and bought new batteries, rode it for 30 min or so then it quit with a smell of burning plastic. When you press the peddle the duel siloniod clicks in fwd and rev but no movement. Wondering if you guys or gals might might point me in the right direction on how to get this thing going.

Thanks,
Justin.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You'll need to figure out where the burnt plastic smell was coming from. If it was hot enough to smell you'll be able to see it if you look for it. I would look at all the cables first. Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
I had two of those in my shop, both had small gauged imported cables on them. blew the controller out in one:twocents:

Justin Milligan

Dang! I am getting 58VDC out of the two leads going to the motors from my controller! I also have continuity between my poles on my Motor. Guess I’ll have to get the other cables fixed up with the new ends and get them back on.