Building a Lifted EZGO Shuttle 6. Need Help With 35 HP Briggs Install

Discussion in 'Lifted Golf Carts' started by roccoga, Oct 30, 2017.

1. roccoga

roccoga Member

Thank you again for helping. My wife and son want stacks like my truck so i guess i will run 1 /2 pipes to a muffler then to stacks? I wasn't figuring on running stacks but it isn't for me so I'll see what i can do. There are :):)all over my house. Wife even said spend more:thumbsup:

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

When the wife says go ahead and spend more money you're doing something right. :D
    Keep up the good work and keep us updated on the build. :usa:

3. qwik

qwik Member

Wow :eek: you got a lot done on the Shuttle conversion in a short time. Nice work :thumbsup:

4. roccoga

roccoga Member

thank you seems like a long time. we got it July 15.i can finally start to see the light.

5. qwik

qwik Member

Anything new to report on the EZGO Shuttle?

6. roccoga

roccoga Member

I have been trying to find a machinist to bore this clutch.:( Sadly it is a no go. I do think i have found one that will work but it is pricey a comet 1190. I did get the wire harness ran for ignition, ran row of toggle switches for lights, got gas pedal linkage working as well as choke. Oh ya i went to tractor supply and bought a roll of 1/4" rubber and made new floor mat $35 was a deal I think. I have to order clutch and get exhaust made and it should move!!

Attached Files:

qwik and HotRodCarts like this.
  7. roccoga

roccoga Member

hopefully soon i can't wait to see his face when i pick him up from the school bus!

Attached Files:

qwik and HotRodCarts like this.
  8. roccoga

roccoga Member

What are the thoughts of this kind of mufflers? they look good but you think they will be loud as hell?

Attached Files:

HotRodCarts likes this.
  9. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Looking good!!! :cool:

The mufflers in the picture would be nice on that engine but I'm not sure how loud it would be.

10. roccoga

roccoga Member

maybe ill try if too loud i will have to do something different. or have some mad neighbors:stop:

11. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I always say better to loud than to quiet. :D
    My neighbors love me. :rotflmao:

qwik likes this.
  12. qwik

qwik Member

13. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

14. roccoga

roccoga Member

hey guys been a while. got some updates:)

15. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I was just looking at this thread yesterday and was going to ask how it was coming along.

16. roccoga

roccoga Member

well it finally runs.

Attached Files:

17. roccoga

roccoga Member

need to figure out a few things but it run well and sounds nice.not too loud

Attached Files:

18. roccoga

roccoga Member

is there any way of switching from drive to reverse without shutting engine off? its real torque but doesn't seem super fast could this be governor?

19. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

you shouldn't have to shut it off to change gears. did you change the driven clutch to one with a stronger spring?

20. roccoga

roccoga Member

no i didn't do anything to the driven clutch? is this something i should do?