Button on the Floorboard That Supposedly Increases Speed

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers Electric' started by todd mcachren, Jan 10, 2018.

1. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

Just bought a 2000 B Golf Cart 48 volt. It has a button on the floorboard that supposedly increases speed but doesn't seem to work. How indeed does it work and might I have to replace a part or go another route? Blessings T

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Hi and welcome to Cartaholics Golf Cart Forum. :hattip:

I've never heard of a B Cart? Can you us a more details on the make and model of your golf cart?

3. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

B wasn't correct sorry. It is the newer 2000 model S# A0032-918075. It is a 48 volt (6-8 volts)

4. gornoman

gornoman Cartaholic

Looks like it is a Club Car?

5. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

Correct! Any idea on my question?

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

If your golf cart is a Club Car that button isn't factory. It sounds like it's possibly a shunt that someone has wired. If it is I'd advise not using it, they are hard on the motors. You would need to trace the wiring from the button on the floor to know for sure what it's there for. If it's a shunt your best bet would be remove all of the wiring going to the button.

If you're going to try an make the shunt work you should only press the button when the golf cart is already running at full speed. If you turn it on going slower you will fry your motor.

7. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

Thank you. I will remove it. Another question. I see those boosters on the internet that are a form of magnet that you attach. Do those work, and if so, do you have a recommendation??

Tons of thanks.. T Mac

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I've never seen or heard of a booster for a golf cart that uses a magnet so I can't help you with that. Maybe someone else will have some information about them.

9. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

Thanks Partner. You made me feel right at home on this forum for the first time. Blessings... Mac

10. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem at all you're welcome. Feel free to post anytime and join us in the Country Club section of the forum for general talk.

11. Diode

Diode Contributor

First off you have a series Cart, which means the motor stater and the field windings are connected in series. The switch separates the series connection in the motor and tries to make it work Like a sepex (regen) cart. The magnet is for newer IQ regen carts

12. todd mcachren

todd mcachren New Member

Hey Thanks.....Mine is a foot button switch. I haven't searched wire route yet. Will follow up here