chainsaws

Discussion in 'Other Hobbies' started by pbillyi69, May 24, 2018.

1. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

couldnt decide weather to put this here or in the tool thread. decided that it would be best here. i have been working on rebuilding an old stihl 046 that has been a box of parts for several years

2. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Cutters choice sells jug kits etc pretty cheap, imported but seem to work well on this end anyways

3. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Is it done yet

4. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

yes it is done and it seems to run pretty good. it has been 15 years since i ran that saw and it was a franken saw so it wasnt the best but it ran pretty good. i have made a couple of cuts in a fir log at the neigbors house. the chains i have for that saw are the wrong size for the bar so it cuts crooked but i think the right size chain and it would be a screamer. im going to build another one and try my hand at porting it. it has been a fun project i have had to make some tools and am pretty happy with the outcome

5. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

have you used them?

6. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

7. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

to this
    20180609_100607.jpg

8. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

more to come. there is another basket saw not pictured that still has the cylinder on it and from looking through the intake and exhaust looks good but some rebuilding necessary there is a hole in the bottom of the case in a non criticle area

9. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

10. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Many times, good deals on chain also.
    stuff ships fast

11. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

cool...how are they performing now? i used a meteor cylinder and piston they were very well made

12. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

have you done any porting on any of them

13. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Yes but don't do it:stop: you'll never get the stock carb to feed it right. fattin' the fuel will only over load it cuz it can't get enough air:twocents:

14. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

i was thinking about making the venturi in the carb bigger. thoughts

15. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Put a 40 kuni on it and a side car :yes::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

16. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Make a chainsaw powered scooter or a pencil sharpener

17. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member