Club Car DS 48 Volt Shutting Off While Driving

Discussion in 'Club Car Electric' started by A.J.S., Jul 28, 2018.

1. A.J.S.

A.J.S. New Member

I have a Club Car 2006 DS 48 volt that is new to me that's shutting off while driving. While driving it will shut off as soon as there is no load on the motor. Like if I go downhill or the down side of a speed bump. I have to completely let off the go pedal and then press it all the way down to get it to go again. Going uphill or on flat ground at full speed it's fine. When it shuts off it feels like the brakes are being applied. Sometimes even locking up the rear tires if on loose enough gravel. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

2. Diode

Diode Cartaholic - V.I.P.

Yes definitely sounds like an IQ you are losing your key switch input or you’re having Drop out problems which is solved with a drop out harness drive the cart turn the key off and on real fast and see if that does not duplicate your problem

3. Diode

Could be caused by loose connection on the solenoid the key switch or anything in that circuit schematics and manuals on my website in the signature below

4. A.J.S.

A.J.S. New Member

It's not random like a loose connection. It's very predictable when its gonna happen. If I ride the brake pedal and keep load on the motor it's fine but as soon as there is no load it shuts off and I have to let off the go pedal and get back on to create load again.

5. Diode

Then start with a drop out harness and don’t check any connections

6. A.J.S.

A.J.S. New Member

So I finally got up to the campground where the cart is and checked all the connections. Everything looks to be plugged in tight. There was some rust on the terminals on the solenoid so I replaced that along with the resistor. I got the parts from my local club car dealer. I asked him about the drop out harness and he didn't know what I was talking about. I googled the dropout harness and only found one for sale on ebay and I'm not sure if that's even what im looking for. It was just a short wire with a connector on each end. Is that what I need? Is there a better place to buy it? And where does it go?

7. Diode

It is actually just a diode on two pieces of wire that goes on the tow run switch and keeps the cart from dropping out as yours does when releasing The peddle and regen kicks in

8. Diode

Any news here