Club Car DS Body work

Discussion in 'Club Car Electric' started by rforehand, Oct 7, 2017.

1. rforehand

rforehand New Member

I recently purchased a Club Car Ds 1990 Electric cart, and the owner had replaced the original headlights with smaller lights and covered the extra cut out space with some type of black grip tape that you would see on top of a skate board. The lights do not work and I need to replace them. The whole in the body is 6.5 x 6.5 inches, Most lights I see on the market are about 3 x 6.5w, same as the broken ones currently installed. I have not found lights that will fill the entire cutout so I'm looking for options to fill the empty cutout space without using fiberglass because then I'd have to paint the whole thing to make it look right. Any suggestions for plugging the empty cutout space?

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

It would probably look the best with the factory size cut in lights if that's what size the holes are in the body.
    If the holes are bigger than the factory lights then you'll either need to do some body work or make a bezel with the size hole you want to fill the hole in the body.

Welcome to the forum.

3. rforehand

rforehand New Member

Thank you HotRodCarts. I'm not sure if the holes for the lights are original or not, but they are pretty big measuring 6.5 x 6.5 inches. I haven't seen any lights that big (with bezel). Have you ever made a custom bezel? if so, what materials did you use and where might one find it? Thanks again!

4. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I've never made a bezel but I have for other things. You can use sheet metal, thin aluminum, plastic or whatever you have available.

5. JRay

JRay Cartaholic

Most Club Car dealers have a stockpile of used front and rear clips, might be easier to buy one. That's what I did.

HotRodCarts likes this.