Club Car Turf 2 Maintenance Mode Switch

Discussion in 'Club Car Gas' started by jbarry, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:54 PM.

1. jbarry

jbarry New Member

Can not get the 2006 Club Car Turf 2 cart to crank when I put it in the maintenance mode (toggle switch under seat). I read something about the ignition switch has to be in a certain position and applying the locking brake. Does anyone have idea on what I’m missing? Thanks

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'm not sure if the Club Car Turf 2 is the same, is their a white knob on the shifter under the seat? If there is pull the knob out and turn it 180 degrees and it should start in neutral.

3. jbarry

jbarry New Member

Mine has this. When I switch to maintenance it wont start. It’s probably simple but I have not figured it out. Thanks.

image.jpg

4. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'll look in the service manual tomorrow and see what it says about maintenance mode and let you know.

5. jbarry

jbarry New Member

Thanks very much. Looking foward to ur reply.

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Here's what the manual says.

The neutral lockout switch has two positions, MAINTENANCE and OPERATE, which are clearly marked.

• Pedal-start vehicles: When the switch is in the MAINTENANCE position, it will allow the technician to run the engine in the NEUTRAL position to perform certain maintenance and/or repair functions. With
    the switch in this position, the vehicle will not operate if the Forward/Reverse handle is placed in either the FORWARD or REVERSE position.

• Key-start vehicle: When the switch is in the MAINTENANCE position, it will allow the technician to run the engine in FORWARD, REVERSE, or NEUTRAL for certain maintenance and/or repair functions.
    However, if the Forward/Reverse handle is in either the FORWARD or REVERSE position and the accelerator pedal is pressed, the engine will stop running.

WARNING

• With the switch in the MAINTENANCE position and the engine running, the vehicle may move suddenly if the Forward/Reverse handle is shifted or accidentally bumped. To prevent this,
    chock the front and rear wheels and firmly set the park brake before servicing or leaving the vehicle.

NOTE: Pedal-start vehicle: Be sure to return the switch to the OPERATE position after servicing the vehicle, or it will not run with the Forward/Reverse handle in either the FORWARD or REVERSE position.

Key-start vehicle: The switch must be returned to the OPERATE position after servicing is complete, or the engine will stop running when the accelerator pedal is pressed, and the Forward/Reverse handle is in the FORWARD or REVERSE position.

7. jbarry

jbarry New Member

Thank u HotRodCarts. Ok. That is what I needed to know. I’ll try that this evening. It seems that I may have tried to start it like that. If so I have another issue. Thanks again.

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem, you're welcome. Let us know how it goes.