Comparing Buying New To Modding the Old Golf Carts

Discussion in 'Lifted Golf Carts' started by Nfrock, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Nfrock

Nfrock New Member

I am out for opinions. I just picked up a 95 ezgo medalist for $1200 from a friend. Turns out I had to put new batteries into it. I am now already $1800+. I want to make several mods and change the look. Lift kit, wheels, body kit, rear seat kit, top, and so on. So far I have a wish list of $3300. Is it worth putting that kind of money into an old cart? I went to a local dealer to price out parts and they tried to push me into a newer cart with all the mods done. Kept telling me I would never get more than 2k resale value solely because of the year. I'm not looking to mod it and then sell it. Looking for a neat project and have something to play with? Thought?

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I say if you like the 95 Medalist and it doesn't have anything major wrong with it then I'd go for it unless the dealer was giving me a SUPER good price on a new one.
    Another thing is you may want to do some pricing on your part somewhere other than the dealer. Click the sponsor tab at the top of the forum and check Allsports for your lift kit, back seat. Then so some pricing on the other parts you want from all of the sponsors here or wherever you prefer. For your lift kit I would definitely go with Allsports.