connected battery wrong on cart

Discussion in 'EZGO Electric' started by Ronald crosby, May 27, 2018.

1. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Hey guys new at this forum, this pass saturday at our camp in ms. I removed the batteries on the cart to inspect the bracket that holds the batteries in place. I did make a drawing on how the wire jumpers goes to each battery. I Did screw up by not putting the positive and negative battery in its right place. i did have 37 volts total I did put the batteries wrong with the positive and negative in the wrong position. after connecting wires the cart does not do anything I may have burned something it is a 2004 ez-go txt, where should I start checking . THANKS

2. golfcar2000

golfcar2000 Active Member

If it shifts forward and reverse [series] under the seat check the diode across the small posts of the solenoid.

3. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Yes it is with the shifter under the seat. I will not be going up there for about a week, is there anything else I need to check while up there. I will bring trailer with me to bring cart back if i dont have any luck. so I have more time to work on it.

4. golfcar2000

golfcar2000 Active Member

The best way to remember how batteries go in a 36 volt E-Z-Go is the positives in back row go towards the rear and the positives in the front row goes toward the front leaving all your negatives down the middle. You may want to get a new solenoid, diode, and a micro switch for the accelerator foot pedal box I have also seen those go bad when + and - post were reversed.

5. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Thanks for that info, I did put the batteries with the positives in the middle. live to learn my mistake. where is a good place to get some of these parts online.

6. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Okay guys I just notice I can get wire diagrams on this site, I see there are a few to pic from, for the cart I have 2004 ez-go 36-volts with the F&R switch under front seat. what diagram should help me, Thanks

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

You would need the EZGO series wiring diagram. Does the reverse alarm work on the golf cart?

8. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Thanks the alarm never worked

9. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I would check the reed switch, the diode on the solenoid and the micro switch in the pedal box under the floor mat.

10. Ronald crosby

Ronald crosby New Member

Okay guys just got back from camp in ms, after doing all the grass cutting Thursday. that night i found the problem with the cart, the micro switch on the go pedal was burnt. and the diode on the small post of solenoid gave me reading on both direction. found part at an ez-go place in Jackson MS. parts cost was about $12 all good know, Thanks for all the help have a good one. God bless America

Glen Batchelor likes this.
  11. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Glad to hear you were able to get your cart running and thanks for the follow up.