Curious if anyone has installed high speed gears

Discussion in 'Club Car Driver's Club' started by Aaron Marchant, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Aaron's thread,, sorry about that.

2. GarageBuilt

GarageBuilt Cartaholic

Gornoman your such an ass.... If your going to copy & paste what i say ... then copy all of the post. Not just what you want to trying to start trouble. I didn't say that a torque & speed motor couldn't be built. So go back & try really really hard to what I really said. I know it's going hurt but think really hard. I just know you can do it...

Aaron there is several ways to gain both speed & torque. But unfortunately none of them are cheap. The cheapest way is to replace both your motor & battery cables with a heavier gauge wire . After that it gets complicated. To get more performance from any electric motor you need two things . Amps & voltage. Raise the amps or voltage or both. We would used to run high speed gears with a high amp controller. The gears would give you speed & the amps would give you the power. yes you can buy a speed & torque motor. But with out raising the amps you wouldn't be happy spending the money on just the motor.

3. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

OK now that everyone has had their say lets stick to helping Aaron in his thread if he hasn't already decided to search elsewhere for help and advice. :hattip:

Thanks for the input GB.