Drag Cart

Andy4639

thumbup.gif
I'm hoping what I've done to it so far will get me into the 10 second club. If you would PM me the info on this controller and where to find it.

By the way Nates Forum has expired did you know this?

GarageBuilt

Gorno. That was just the home page. There was another link. That is where I hammered Nate for information on the electric system. Nate taught me whale. For years I would struggle to understand him. He would do his best to explain to me the rhyme & reason behind each component. I now know the importance of the controller. I understand amps. And the untold secrets behind them. I know all about voltage drop. And better yet. I know how to get around it. Two different ways that I know of. I am race ready with the knowledge that I have received and my new build will be DC and a tribute to Nate.

240-volt battery pack And all the amps that I can afford. Grab a seat boys ,you arn't going to want to miss this one. The build is on!!!!!!!!!!! And coming to a drag strip near you.
tip.gif

Sorry for posting all of this here. I just get excited some times.
checkered_flag.gif
usaflag1.gif
checkered_flag.gif

Andy4639

GB,
Hope you do have it figured out my friend. I have pretty much done all I can for now and just have to settle for what I have. I hope to make Albany in March we will just have to wait and see.
thumbup.gif

Pimp Daddy

Cartaholic - R.I.P.
Started snowing here about 3pm today.They are saying we will get snow until Saturday evening with a possibility of 12".
yikes2.gif

Andy4639

It has done nothing but rain and just a little sleet, nothing bad yet I drove to work at normal speed with just water on the road.
Well it looks like another week of getting things finished up on the trailer. Went to the Harbor Freight yesterday and they have the quick disconnects for the tie downs in trailer's. I got 4 of them now I need some more plus the track. I'll have the cart tied down good for it's first trip.

Heavy duty spring-loaded tie down for use with our E-tracks.

6000 lb. maximum safe working load
Fully adjustable for different mounting points
Can be used with ropes, bed nets, or tie down straps

Ring diameter: 1.33"
Weight: 0.46 lbs.

ITEM 66728-0VGA $3.99

Andy4639

Hey GB, Calling GB have you herd anything out of Nate and his board. Just wondering what happen. Did he just let it expire?
ohmy.gif

StreetGlide

Hello,

I believe when the batteries are just "sitting there doing nothing", they will be actually discharging the higher amperage batteries to try to make them equal. Don't think you would want to do that. Also when discharging while cart is in operation you will run the lower capacity "zip" which I don't think you would want to do either. Correct, or am I wrong??? I'll think more about it in the morning when I am awake.

Another edit, what's the internal resistance of each?

Andy4639

These batteries are all 12 volts and the 608's are less than a year old. If they did swap back and forth in the configuration of a race setup for a few minutes then would it not make any differance. I would charge them seperate form the 925's and only have them hooked to the system for the run then disconnect them.
twocents.gif

Andy4639

If you have these 2 set of batteries hooked in Parallel for the 11 second run I can't see how it would harm them if any @ all for that short of time. The 925's would be primary and the 608's secondary.
If both set's are fully charged then the 608's would only be drawn down if the 925's would completely be depleted correct? So if that is correct the 608's would act as a turbo boost in a way for the 925's to stay completely chargered.
As the 925's drain down the 608's would refill them. Now if you did this for a regular type setup then yes I agree it would burn the 608's up pretty quickly but for short runs as drag racing I see it as a good way to do it.
twocents.gif
dazed053.gif

dirtysouth

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
That's the name of the game Andy. Ya gotta do what folks say can't be done... You're on your way my friend. I will help ya any way I can. Can't wait ta see y'all at the track.