E-Z-Go TXT Rear Fender Flares

gornoman

I am adding rear fender flairs to the Z-06 in an effort to make the cart useable when the streets are wet. Tired of wet arms and legs!

Purchased online from Golf Cart Catalog.com. Easy purchase experience, fair shipping, email updates, tracking number. Arrived in a few days in good shape: (looks like it was drop-shipped from GMT in Elgin, IL. That's only 20 miles from me. WTH?)Looks to be of very high quality, not flimsy at all. Stainless hardware is always welcome on my cart:
A full 4.375" of protection, as advertised:

All made in America.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Those always look good on the yellow carts...
cool.gif

gornoman

I'm just not sure how it's gonna look on MY yellow cart, ya know? But. it makes the cart more usefull, and the wife is tired of washing jackets, shirts and pants because of the golf cart, blah, blah, whatever.

If I don't like it, my first option would be to paint them to match the cart. If that still doesn't look right, it's Bondo time and smooth them in Porsche Turbo style. That would be a winter project including a rear body removal, new rear graphics and paint, and more rivets. These things never quit...

I sure hope I like them the way they are!

Whats next lift kit?
rotflmao.gif

Ain't never gonna happen. (on THIS cart)

gornoman

First I drilled the holes in the flares right in the middle of each recess:
Then simply held them up to the side of the cart where I wanted them and marked the first hole. I decided to use the Dremel on the tail end of each flair where they met up with my full width rear bumper. People with shorter bumpers would not need to bother. Drilled away and installed the hardware:
All-in-all a very easy install. I didn't tighten them too much as the material and the body panels will deform if you crank them down. Very pleased with the addition, great product.

Bring on the rain!

gornoman

Don't need front ones because the front track is mostly within the fender space.

All of the feedback has been positive, so they stay the way they are. I think the trail rides are done however.

JRay

Cartaholic
I have a set and have been thinking about putting them on. I thought they would look bad but they really don't. How come no more trail rides?

gornoman

It can get kinda narrow back there. It's one thing to brush a tree trunk with a tire, quite another to do it with bodywork.

gornoman

The flairs are definitely growing on me. And the rear seat is VERY cushy now. The foam alone was over $60!

StreetGlide

Anyone tried these on CC DNS? I ordered them for same reason as Gorno (useable when the streets are wet to stop spray onto arms and legs from the wider rear tires).

Nice looking quality hardware but not enough info for installing for me. Trying to place them is issue with slight fender flare on the '02 Club Car DNS Villager 4. A picture would have been nice to include with instructions! Apparently when installed they correct their shape to fit contour of fender, but can't tell if they go on the existing flare or over it. (Ad photo lacks good view of rears) Hopefully someone has installed them, suggestions or photos.(?) Don't want to drill extra holes...

(Doubt if they will near as good as on Gorno's Yellow Z-06 but should look okay on my white CC)

Thanks!

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
Those are the flares I installed om my cart. I agree with you Gorno, easy installation with I believe stainless steel hardware.

Gonzo

Tennessee Squire
I did L & S. I used a pair of spring clamps to line them up where they looked best and then drilled two holes through the body and bolted them on. removed the clamps and drilled the rest one at a time and bolted it.

StreetGlide

Well, I've got the spring clips, the drill, tools and the hardware so I will just "go for it". Good to know that they do fit my cart. (I may search a little more for pics since it's too early in the morning to start that now)

TNX