EMP vs PQ vs D&D Motors

Discussion in 'The Country Club' started by HotRodCarts, Feb 2, 2006.

?

Which motor do you like better and why?

1. EMP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PQ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. D&D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic Staff Member

Thought I'd start a poll on these 3 motors to see what every ones thoughts are on them.

My vote is for EMP, until I see someone with a PQ motor and stock controller break 25 MPH on 36v and still have torq to spare.

AS far as reliability goes I really like the D&D / Alltrax combo.

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo I hate liars

I voted for PQ simply because they treat every one like a person and not just another customer. Also because that is the route im going with my ez go. As for the 25 mph on stock controller on 36v, what solenoid? What gage wires? Ill have to try it before i switch to the alltrax 4845 400 amp controller and see what i get.

3. HotRodCarts

Stock 36v solenoid 4ga cables 22" tires.

4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo I hate liars

Ok so every thing else is stock? What cart was this in?

5. HotRodCarts

Marathons and TXT's. And yes everything else is stock. Actually you don't even need the 4ga cables if your only planning on street driving. My red TXT had this setup at one time and I was using the stock cables with 22" tires. I ran it that way for 2 years without a problem. When I do one for a customer I use 4ga cables.

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo I hate liars

What is the EMP site adress? I wanna see what they offer.

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo I hate liars

BTW: You get what you pay for.

8. HotRodCarts

Exactly. Thats why I said in my OP I like the D&D/Alltrax combo. EMP has been around for a lot longer than PQ. Your right you get what you pay for but sometimes you pay more than you should. I have no idea what the PQ motors will do. I've never tried one only because from the results I've read theres no reason for me to.

9. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo I hate liars

Well Ill let you know my results when i get my motor in.

10. HotRodCarts

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. The only complaints I've seen on them so far is a couple people not real happy with the torque. Other than that everyone else seems very satisfied.

11. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

I am seriously considering the EMP motor, mainly because I like the switchable speed/torque idea. Not so sure I would want the automatic like the PQ motor has.

Question - If a stock cart with 22" tires will hit 25mph with the EMP, what is the potential for a fleet cart with 2 ga cables, and 18" tires running an EMP? Would it hit 20?

12. HotRodCarts

BIGDAWG69,

I've never tried a EMP on a resistor cart but on a controller cart with good batteries I think you'd be in the 20 to 22 MPH range with that setup. I'm not sure what type of cart you have but I would say you'll be at the 20+ MPH with no problem.

13. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

Its a 99 fleet cart, no resisitors. Thanks for the reply. Thats the answer I was hoping for.

14. shooterclay

shooterclay New Member

i've had the emp 2-speed in my '99 48v CC for 4 years now with zero problems. it'll hit 25 on 'speed' and 17 on 'torque' on flat pavement with one person. (22" tires and stock controller) i did put 4 gauge cables on when two of mine fried. the only think i know about the purple one is from reading the post on BU. what's the scoop on the D&D?

15. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

D&D Motor Systems

16. HotRodCarts

Does anyone have a link for EMP's site? I tried to go there the other day and it seem they changed or something.

17. HotRodCarts

I was just wondering if you got your PQ motor yet and how you like it so far?

18. shooterclay

shooterclay New Member

19. HotRodCarts

Thanks Shooterclay!!

20. We Haul

We Haul New Member

Ive always had good luck with the D and D motors.