EZGO Electric Golf Cart Nothing But Solenoid Click

Discussion in 'EZGO Electric' started by Bo schlipf, May 12, 2018.

1. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

I just got my electric EZGO golf cart up and running this morning. I test ran the cart on and off jack stands. Everything ran great. I pulled it into my garage went to take the spouse for a ride and nothing but the solenoid click. I put in new batteries, new controller, basically everything new except the 0-5k throttle. Yes I did go with the Curtis knock off, If I can get 6mos to a year out it then great. Battery pack read 50v. Is it possible that the battery pack voltage is too low? I didn't charge them at all yet, charger is being delivered tomorrow. It ran about 16mph on the stock motor, still have to see how it is on the hills.

2. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

So I got it to go in reverse. Which output on my Curtis Controller needs to produce voltage for forward?

3. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

What did you do in order to get it to reverse? I'm no elect cart guy but just wondering:hattip:

4. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

I think it was a bad connection for that one

5. Diode

Diode Contributor

Are we talking a series cart here

6. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

Yes, I just figured out a second ago it's the FR switch. The post isn't making good contact...things brand new.

7. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

well at least you found the problem, could have been worse :twocents:

8. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

Yeah I was split between the controller and motor...the 2 biggies.

9. The new forward and reverse switches are crap. Mine lasted 2 months before the toggle pins broke internally and had to slide the switch rocker up and down after pushing it up/down. I bought another one and don't expect it to last long. I'll be replacing it with something more sturdy in the near future.