EZGO Marathon Help Please

RedRover

I have had this same 1989 EZGO Marathon golf cart for the past 27 years with only normal maintenance plus two leaf spring replacements and am need of help, please. I just replaced the solenoid and the microswitch that is actuated by the accelerator pedal. The accelerator is the one with 5 lugs and a wiper contact. I have wheel motion only on the first lug (slowest speed). When the accelerator is advanced to the second lug the accelerator microswitch drops out and there is no motor motion. Anyone out there have any suggestions for repair? A wiring diagram would be helpful but I have only been able to find a diagram for the ones with the solid state controller.Apparently EZ Go changed controllers sometime in the 1989 model year?

RedRover

Thank you Glen for your fast response. I really could use a wiring diagram of the control circuit as well (microswitches, solenoid, F&R switch) if you have access to that.

RedRover

I dug a little deeper today and disassembled the forward/reverse mechanism, pretty simple four copper studs with four rotating contacts. There are two normally closed microswitches as part of this assembly that are connected together by the reverse alarm (buzzer) . My question is what happens if I take the buzzer out of the circuit and replace with a jumper wire? There is continuity through the buzzer but a resistance of about 3000 ohms. Could be my problem?