EZGO or Yamaha?

Discussion in 'EZGO Driver's Club' started by LJM SUNCITY, Oct 27, 2018.

1. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I'm considering buying a new golf cart and wondering who has the better one. It seems like the Ezgo pricing is higher than the Yamaha. I'm looking at the Ezgo 48 volt AC or maybe stepping up to the Elite with lithium battery vs. the Yamaha 48 volt AC with a watering system. I'm new to carts and any advise will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    LJM

2. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Cartaholic - Sponsor

3. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'd agree with the EZGO. If you're buying new check them all out and buy the one you like the most and can get the best deal on.

4. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

Why Ezgo? Does it perform better? Are there problems with Yamaha? Does Ezgo last longer with fewer issues?

5. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

You'll be fine if you stick with EZGO, Club Car or Yamaha. At one time there was more aftermarket parts available than the other brands but with all the new models and electronics I think they're pretty even now as far as accessories. I was always a EZGO guy but after getting into the Club Car Precedents I really like them. I still think the EZGO's are easier to work on.

6. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I was told by the Ezgo dealer that Ezgo vs Yamaha is like comparing a Cadillac to a Hyundai. Is that true?

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Do you think the EZGO dealer would tell you if he thought the Yamaha was better. :D

8. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I can buy a new loaded electric Yamaha (48 volt AC) including a watering system, all bells and whistles but I'm also looking at the Ezgo Elite 3.0 that has lithium batteries. The Ezgo is about 50% more $ than the Yamaha. I'm trying to determine if it's worth it ??
    The maintenance free lithium battery is appealing ....it last 8-10 years and it charges much faster than the flooded battery. The Yamaha has a watering system....do they work ok? The Yamaha also comes with independent suspension. I don't know what kind of suspension the Ezgo has.

9. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

For electric golf carts EZGO would be my first choice, Club Car my second and Yamaha my third. That's my opinion but means nothing. All 3 are good carts so go with which ever one you like to most after checking them out. :twocents:

10. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

Thanks for the info.

11. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem. you're welcome. Let us know which golf cart you decide on buying.

12. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I'm leaning towards the Ezgo Elite 3.0 vs. the Yamaha 48 volt. AC.
    I know I'm comparing apples and oranges...base price for Ezgo is $10,549 and base price for Yamaha is $6,800.
    The difference in money with the same options is $2055 more with Ezgo and that could be a deal breaker for me.

13. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

There's nothing wrong with Yamaha golf carts. That's why I said take them both for a test drive and go for the one you feel most comfortable in. $10,549 is a lot of money for a golf cart.

Last year I went and looked at new EZGO's with full intentions of buying one. I wound up buying 2 used Club Car Precedents for less money than the new EZGO would have cost me.

14. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I live in a big retirement community that's Golf car friendly. The Ezgo dealer is only 3/4 mile from my house and the Yamaha dealer is about 20 mikes away. The Ezgo dealer knows he's got an edge on the market here and I think he's a bit greedy. I'd like to get the Ezgo Elite for the lithium batteries but I cannot justify the difference in price. I like the low maintenance and charging aspect of the lithiums but maybe the watering system in the Yamaha may do. What's your thoughts on those automatic watering systems...are they reliable?

15. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I've never seen anyone complain about problems with the battery watering systems but I prefer to fill them manually.

16. LJM SUNCITY

LJM SUNCITY New Member

I just bought a used golf car. A doctor in my neighborhood put it up for sale yesterday. It's a 2007 Freedom SE that's been upgraded a year and a half ago.
    Upgraded to 48 volts with high speed gears.
    Rear seat, long top, enclosure, new wheels and tires, watering system, turn signals, brake lights, state of charge meter, two lockable glove boxes. Batteries are 1.5 years old.
    IMG_9612.JPG

17. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Nice looking EZGO I think you made a good decision. :thumbsup:

18. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Cartaholic - Sponsor