EZGO TXT Golf Cart Just Clicks

diehard

I have a 2004 EZGO TXT golf cart with a new motor, new controller, new solenoid and new forward and reverse switch. Batteries are one year old and fully charged. All it will do is click.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
What make and model is the new controller? Does the voltage drop at all with the key on and you press the throttle making the solenoid click?

diehard

Haven't been able to check that yet at work right now. I will try to look at it tomorrow thanks for the help

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
No problem you're welcome. Let us know if the contacts are aligned correctly and we'll go from there. There are pictures in the EZGO resource section of the forum that shows the alignment.

diehard

Ok sorry for the long wait but I am working 12 hours a day. Any way everything looks good on the forward reverse switch. Now what???

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Did you replace all the parts you mention in your first post trying to fix this problem or was it happening with the old parts? I'd try jumping the large posts on the solenoid with a 6 gauge or larger jumper to see if it runs.

diehard

Everything was replaced before this started. I have replaced the solenoid and the controller again after it happened

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If the golf cart was running fine before you upgraded then I would suspect something isn't wired correctly or one of the parts you upgraded is bad.

diehard

The cart ran fine for about 7 months. When we parked it for a hour or so last week all it would do is click at the solenoid. So I replaced it and that did no good. I put a new controller on next that is the second one in a year and that did not help. So all wires are right.