Fish and Aquariums

Discussion in 'Other Hobbies' started by HotRodCarts, Dec 17, 2017.

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Anybody else out here on the forum in to Aquariums? I've had a 75 gallon for about 5-6 years. I just set up another one in my computer room. I had a snapping turtle in the 75 gallon aquarium until he got to big and wound up changing over to fish after I got rid of the turtle.

2. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

To much work lol

3. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I've got massive filters on mine so it makes things a little easier. I've got Convict Cichlids in my 75 gallon tank and the sluts keep having babies. :rotflmao:

4. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

5. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'll take some tomorrow and post them. I haven't put any fish in the new aquarium yet I have to wait a few days and let the water balance out. My 75 gallon tank has about 20 fish not counting the babies.

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Here's a couple pictures of the Aquariums.

75 gallon
    fish-2017-001.jpg

20 gallon
    fish-2017-002.jpg

8. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

9. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Wife is in there?
    I like it

10. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Lmao
    Wtf is in there?

11. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

The decorations or the fish? lol

12. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

Both lol

13. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

The decorations are supposed to be tree roots and caves. The fish are all different species of Cichlids.

14. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I bought another aquarium today, 125 gallons :D I haven't filled it yet I'm going to put some supports in the basement to help hold the weight. It will weigh 1500 lbs when it's full. :eek:
    I'm sure the floor can handle it without extra support but I figure better safe than sorry.

15. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Well-Known Member

cool what kind of fish you putting in it?

16. dirtysouth

dirtysouth Sponsor

What Bret said :thumbsup:

17. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'm going to move all the African Cichlids from my 75 gallon than into the new 125 gallon once I have the floor and a couple other issues taken care of. I'll probably sell the 75 gallon tank once I'm done. I would keep them both but they take up to much space in the living room and all the weight concerns me.