Forward and Reverse Switch Conversion to a Contactor

Discussion in 'EZGO Electric' started by Linegeezer, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Linegeezer

Linegeezer New Member

I have a 99 marathon 36 volt. I want to do a conversion from a forward / reverse large throw switch to a small switch on the dash with a contactor. Has anyone else been able to convert from the stock forward and reverse switch to a reversing contactor yet? Wiring help . Please.

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

There's a few members on the forum who have converted from the stock forward and reverse switch to a reversing contactor setup. Someone here will be able to help you out with what you'll need and how to wire it.
    Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

Linegeezer likes this.
  3. Linegeezer

Linegeezer New Member

Thank you , looking forward to seeing it.

HotRodCarts likes this.
  4. Diode

Diode Cartaholic - VIP

Just google reversing contactor I have a few schematics if you can’t find one

5. Linegeezer

Linegeezer New Member

Ok thanks.

6. bgoodbuggies

bgoodbuggies New Member

This is actually next on my list. Here is the diagram I am going to use. There are differing opinions on whether or not to keep solenoid in service. This diagram shows how to wire without having to use the solenoid. To me, the solenoid seems like one more point of failure. If you add it, you are kind of adding a solenoid in front of another solenoid. I'm not here to argue either way so use at your own risk. I looked through several and this one seems to be the simplest I have found.
    reversingcontactor_nosolenoid.jpg

7. Linegeezer

Linegeezer New Member

Thanks bgoodbuggies, that helps alot.