Front shocks for 95 Gas Lifted E-Z Go

Discussion in 'EZGO Gas 4 Stroke' started by Vaughn, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn New Member

Where is the best place on the internet to buy shocks and other EZ go parts? Might be buying a cart and looking for good sites. Thanks.

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Welcome to the forum.

For golf cart parts and accessories you can't go wrong with any of the forum sponsors. Quality parts and accessories, good customer service and good prices. If you order from them let them know Cartaholics sent you.
    Golf Cart Parts and Accessories

3. BurntClutch

BurntClutch New Member

I wanted to ask without a full topic hijack....

I recently picked up a lifted EZGO GXT. Im thinking the shocks are probably shot. Is it pretty common for lifted carts to use the stock shocks with extensions, or to just get a longer shock? if so, whats the preferred shock? One from an ATV?

Thanks!

4. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Shock extensions are cheap and work well on the carts, if your building something to beat off road then any coil over ATV shock will work if your handy at makein stuff fit. I have used Honda 300ex in the past

5. BurntClutch

BurntClutch New Member

Thanks Nubs.

Im not looking to do much fab work, and this will just be for around the yard and property, not really looking to flog it or hit the trails.

I just figured the shocks on there are over 20 years old, and might need a refresh. Didnt know if it made sense to try and just replace the originals with the same size (and extensions) or source new longer shocks without the extensions, and if there was any benefit to that approach.

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Either way with or without the shock extenders would be fine as long as the open and closed length of the shock is correct. Most auto parts stores can cross reference the shock if you take one of the old ones with you. :twocents:

7. BurntClutch

BurntClutch New Member

Any thoughts on if a car shock will be valved internally in such a way that it would impact the handling?

I'm not looking to have a Cadillac, but would prefer if it didn't ride like a lumber wagon...

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Honestly I've used both and never really noticed a difference. I usually use golf cart shocks if I'm replacing them.

9. BurntClutch

BurntClutch New Member

Thanks for the real world feedback. I'll have to see how bad the existing ones are. But my guess is that they are shot...

10. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem you're welcome.