Help Comparing Jake's and Allsports Lift Kits

Jolzilla

I just purchased a 99' CC DS Electric stock golf cart. I'm looking for help comparing the Jake's ans Allsports lift kits.

The terrain we drive in is a hilly hard pack/paved trail and/or soft sand beach. I have a rear seat on the cart. I am interested in a 6" to 8" lift, with desert tires and something with a beefier rear suspension.

Can someone help me figure out the benefits/advantages one type of lift kit offers over the other? I've looked at Jake's and All Sports, and have noticed "A-Arm", "Spindle" and "Long Travel" lift kits. I have no idea what to consider when choosing one or the other.

I need some expert/pro advice to point me in the right direction.

/j.

dougmcp

Without addressing what you may need, both Jakes and Allsports make good lifts.
One note of concern is that unless you are prepared to spend some $$ to upgrade the cables, controller, solenoid, F-N-R switch and possibly the motor, a lift is premature at this point.

Jolzilla

Since my original post, the solenoid fried up on me last weekend... In speaking with the cart shop guys, they explained that because my cart had a VGlide and resistor coils, any upgrade in power train (motor/cables/controller/solenoid/ect...) might not be worth the time or the coin...

I spoke to D&D Motor guys, and I would be looking at about $1200 in scratch to upgrade (but this was before I found out about the resistor coils and VGlide)...

Now I'm stuck... I'm thinking of getting rid of the 99' 36V cart i just bought (i can likely get my original $$ back on craigslist or ebay) and look for a stock cart that has 48V and a speed controller.

I need some words of wisdom... What would you suggest Doug?

(at the end of the day, I need a cart to get me around the campsite with the kids, and that has enough torque to get me on and off the beach - hence the reason for the lift kit).

Txs.
/j.

dougmcp

I agree with Nubs.
I'd flip the CC and because I'm an Ezgo guy, get an Ezgo "series motor" cart made from 1996 to present.