Hyundai Golf Cart Parts

Shaner81

I have a Hyundai golf cart with the Suzuki 8.5. The camshaft broke in half and took out connecting rod and piston. Crank and case look good bearings look good. Can a guy still find parts for these?

HotRodHairy

Willing to part motor out? I'll buy the valve adjusters from you if you aren't going to fix motor. Need them for my kids cart and can't find any junk motors. Thanks for any help.

1Skull

I just bought a lifted Hyundai cart that runs pretty well. Still has the original 8.5 Suzuki. Knowing that parts are scarce, I'd like to put new belts on it and wondered if anyone has identified what other cart belts will interchange? Another fun thing is it runs throttle wide open, with nothing in between, no matter the gas pedal position. The accelerator cable is hooked up, but manually manipulating the throttle plate doesn't seem to make a difference in RPM. Any ideas would be appreciated. Located outside Metropolis Illinois.

1Skull

The drive belt is pretty ragged and I don't see anything legible on it. The gen belt isn't that bad and I might be able to find a number. I'm thinking I may just have to get Napa to match it, but the belt width is questionable....what's left of it is maybe an inch wide, but it may be worn down from a 2 incher...just don't know.

classycarts

Cartaholic
Here is something for you to go by. Drive belt size for a 91 and up Hyundai is approximately 15/16" wide by 47-3/4" O.D.

No other cart belts will interchange. The only one that comes close is a Columbia/Harley belt. It's 47-1/2" O.D. but is 1-3/16 wide. That would be to wide. Like you, I'd try Napa.

And if the throttle shaft is moving with the pedal and cable. Check and see if the carb butterfly is in one piece. Club Cars are known for the butterfly to break in half and get sucked threw the engine. It's possible this could of happened with yours.

1Skull

Thank you so much for that info, sir! I'll be chasing a belt and yanking that carb off for an inspection. My cart has a date tag, on the rear diff cover, of 1992.

1Skull

BELT UPDATE: I have finally identified a common drive belt for the 91 Hyundai...it's a Gates 6945 (Industry Number 5L450K). Found it at O'Riellys for about $25. Fits prefect and operates smoothly. The existing belt had a chunk missing from the side, so that resulted in an RPM proportional clunk noise, as it rotated....that's gone now! The belt packaging says it's size is: 21/32" X 45" and it seems to work well. Hopefully this info will help some one else solve their belt issue also.