I am beginning my search for a golf cart

Discussion in 'Items Wanted' started by Ipaman, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Ipaman

Ipaman New Member

I am beginning my search for a golf cart. It looks like I am going to need everyone's help.

1. Is 48 volt enough power for two adults, two young children, and a cooler to putt around the neighborhood.? We have some long hills.

2. I have seen Ezgo's, yamaha's and Club Cars that I liked. Should I stay away from any of these brands?

3. Is an older model that has been completely restored a good idea? I found a 2004 club car precedent that I really like and it has a ton done to it. New body, top, wheels/tires, batteries, dash, stereo, lights, etc....

4. Are there any years, makes, or models that are known for being bad? I ready something about Yamaha having a steel frame and that they rode rough.

5. Are there any places that you know of that I should be looking to buy from in Tennessee or Alabama? I live just south of Nashville.

Here are some carts that I like so far.

- 2004 Club Car Precedent - 48v -- completely reconditioned with new body, 400-amp controller, new seats, ....in fabulous condition - This one seems a little high priced but it has a lot done to it.

- https://www.decaturgolfcars.com/def...1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

I love the price and look of that blue Yamaha. But is that a good cart?

Thanks

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

1 - 48 volts is plenty of power.
    2 - Any of the big 3 EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha are well built golf carts. I'd stay away from the EZGO RXV model.
    3 - Nothing wrong with older models as long as they are actually restored.
    4 - Early Club Car Precedent and early EZGO RXV's has quite a few problems.
    5 - Not sure.

Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

3. Bo schlipf

Bo schlipf Member

I recently bought my first cart and should've done the same reserch as you. One thing I can say is that if you look at older carts look for battery age and terminal corrosion. I would stay away from series carts, they don't handle hills unless they have upgrades.

4. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Yes, new battery's will set you back the better part of $800. If the battery's are more than two yrs old I just - the 800 off there asking price, you never know how or if they were maintained :twocents: