Increasing Range on a 36 Volt EZGO TXT PDS Golf Cart

kraig

Hello, I was wanting to add two extra 6 volt batteries to my 36v and still keep it 36 volts. The desired effect is increasing the range or run time on my EZGO TXT PDS golf cart. Can I add them in parallel whilst keeping the original 6v batts in series? Will this produce the desired effect?

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
You could but the battery charger may not charge the battery pack fully or at least take longer to charge the golf cart. The battery voltage would go out of balance between the batteries hooked in parallel and the single batteries.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
That's what I would do. If you use eight 6 volt batteries for 48 volts you should gain a little run time. You'll also gain speed and torque. Just remember you'll need to upgrade to a 48 volt controller and solenoid. I know members that have gotten away with using the 36 volt solenoid but they're cheap enough so I'd upgrade it also.

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
Batteries in parallel will give you more distance but you would need to match each battery with another 6. 6Volt batteries each having a parallel battery so another six batteries 48 V will give you more speed but I’m not sure the distance would be greater as that motor would draw more current on 48 V that it will on 36 V

Diode

I guess I didn’t write it correctly no two batteries will not work you need to put a new one for each one you have You would need to double the amount of batteries and then as hot Rod said charging would not be equal

gornoman

48 V will give you more speed but I’m not sure the distance would be greater as that motor would draw more current on 48 V that it will on 36 V

Actually, according to Ohms Law the amperage decreases as the voltage is raised when comparing the same task (such as moving a golf cart).

Diode

Ohms law e=i*r Example 100 A at 36 V
100/36=2.77ohms
2.77 ohms * 36 volts = 100 amps
2.77 ohms * 48 volts = 133 amps

Gorno you’re an idiot why don’t you go back to BGW Where are you can be smart Look how easy it is to talk about somebody online you don’t belong here

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Ohms Law sounds like a pretty smart guy, where do parents get these names from:dazed:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Sorry...

:whistling:

Diode

Actually, according to Ohms Law the amperage decreases as the voltage is raised when comparing the same task (
Yes throwing names out there makes you sound pretty smart until you actually do the calculations. you find out your ass Is the one doing the typing
It’s one thing when I can’t reply to your :censored:ed up smart ass post on another site But I’m coming after you here

Diode

Sorry people this guy has attacked me numerous times on another site and frankly I can’t stand him he’s a coward that hides behind his keyboard and I do apologize but I can’t take him anymore

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well if Kraig does not mind if we use his thread maybe we can get to the bottom of both problems/questions you fellas are having?