INFRARED INTERFACE

Discussion in 'Yamaha Electric' started by Papas 73Dart, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Papas 73Dart

Papas 73Dart New Member

I have a palm pilot Zire 72 that has the Yamaha Genious program loaded on it . This is the tool we got from the dealer in 2011 the do inspections and repairs on our fleet of G29 carts
    The palm is constantly loosing it's program and is almost impossible to reload it from the DVDs and palm has been out of production for fifteen years. The dealer uses an old laptop with a IR USB DONGLE(stick)
    I tried to buy the dongle but they have been out of production and stock since 2016
    Does anyone have a GEARMO JOY dongle for sale or know how to interface with the IR output on the cart

2. Diode

Diode Contributor

HotRodCarts likes this.
  3. Papas 73Dart

Papas 73Dart New Member

I have contacted Gearmo and they said that the product was at end of life in 2016 and will NOT be producing any more.
    They have no old stock and were unable to direct me to any company that may have stock.
    This is why I am looking for a used Gearmo IR stick

4. Diode

Diode Contributor

Ask them if they will release the schematic or find out if it’s a 38 kHz system it operates the same as your TV remote control.
    If you’re in a good with electronics you could probably make your own it will be a bit time-consuming