King Midget Restoration

Discussion in 'Cars Trucks Motocycles Boats' started by Nubs, Nov 23, 2017.

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I noticed the electrical unistrut in the earlier pictures but thought well it matches the rest of the chassis and looks like it was supposed to be there. :cool:
    That thing is going to be nice when you're done with it.. :thumbsup:

2. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Glad to hear, I was hopin' it was kinda keepin' with the theme but after all the hrs it gets to be a blur.

3. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at something I did a few days later and think what the hell was I thinking. :rotflmao:

But seriously the King Midget is really looking good. The before and after pictures speak for themselves and your not done yet so it's only going to get better. :thumbsup:

4. roccoga

roccoga Member

WOW great work and what a cool car!

5. qwik

qwik Member

Nice work there Nubs :yes:

6. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

The plywood back of the old bench seat doubled as the firewall, i needed bit more room for the buckets to lay back anyways so i ended up jaggin' around 1/2 the day. not sure if i'm leavein' the plywood deck, doin' it in steel would suck i'm thinkin'

king wall2.JPG king wall1.JPG

HotRodCarts likes this.
  7. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Redneck welding fixture:rotflmao:

king brakedrum 002.JPG

HotRodCarts likes this.
  8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

It looks like it's getting the job done. :D

It's been a while since I've seen the NGKRA logo. I never did get any decals.

9. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

went to a 7" wide rim in the back with more offset. crappy pictures

king brakedrum 003.JPG king brakedrum 004.JPG

HotRodCarts likes this.
  10. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

They look good on it. The offset on the wheels looks good to. :thumbsup:

11. slim67

slim67 Member

Didn't that stand for National Golf Kart "Recreation" Association?

12. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Nation Golf Kart Racing Association. :)

13. slim67

slim67 Member

OK then that one I mentioned is the one that came as a BGW offshoot later on by essness.

14. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Did'nt think about the decal deal t'il ya said something, blast from the past.

HotRodCarts likes this.
  15. GarageBuilt

GarageBuilt Nine Pages

Damn !!!!! how old you guys ???? never heard of a King Miget

16. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

17. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

The Owner gave me this picture when this whole deal started, said make me this:unsure:

We'll see how close i can come:rotflmao::shutup::dazed:

IMG_1786.JPG

18. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

That's a nice one there. I think the one your restoring will be nicer when it's done. :yes:

19. GarageBuilt

GarageBuilt Nine Pages

Back then my dad has a nice collection of cars.. for 1963... A few of mid engine corvair .. But no King Midget.. Thanks for sharing that...

20. oddpowers

oddpowers Active Member

I had a customer that had several king midgets at his place. He was a big Cushman guy. He made stainless steel Cushman bumpers, and travels around going to different swap meets, and shows selling Cushman parts, and bumpers. Anyway, a buddy of mine tried to buy one and he wouldn't sell. They all are still there as far as have seen. They guy has passed away a few years ago. If the wife ever sells, she is gonna have a fortune. The guy had Cushman scooters, old cars, ect.