Lift Kit for a Yamaha G16 Opinions

Discussion in 'Lifted Golf Carts' started by Totch69, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Totch69

Totch69 New Member

Hello, recently picked up an older g16 Yamaha, Its in pretty good shape, plan to use it to run around on our woodlot. I need to lift it 3 0r 4" to clear debris and not so good roads. Cart will prob never exceed 10mph max, Id like to buy a kit with lift and rims and tires included. There is a bunch of them available, opinions would be appreciated good or bad. Thanks

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Check out the All Sports lift kit combos at americanliftkits.com. Welcome to the forum.

dirtysouth likes this.
  3. Totch69

Totch69 New Member

Thanks Hot Rod ! Ill check them out.

4. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

No problem, you're welcome. :hattip:

dirtysouth likes this.
  5. Totch69

Totch69 New Member

So Ive convinced myself of a 6" lift. If I use stock rims with 22" rubber, will I need wheel spacers? Don't really want wide tires. Thanks

6. Totch69

Totch69 New Member

Adding to my confusion.. I found a set of alum rims and like new tires- 22x11x8. The lifts iv'e looked at call for a min. 10" rim.

7. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

It depends on the brand and model lift kit you're looking at. Most lifts require a 10" or larger offset wheel. There are some lift kits that will work with a 8" wheel but would more than likely require wheel spacers. Your best bet would be contact the company that makes the lift kit and verify with them on wheel requirements. :twocents:

Totch69 likes this.