Maine Laws?

swinglong

I've got my hands on an 8 year old EZGO RXV '08 model electric golf cart. Its been through the wars a little bit and needs a complete overhaul but its a fun project to undertake and shouldn't be too expensive. Whilst I get the refurbing underway, I just wondered if anyone knows the up-to-date street legal requirements and laws in place for Maine state? Thanks.

swinglong

One thing I wanted to get working on in the meantime, was sorting out a new set of alloys and tires. I'd probably be looking for a new or as-new 10"/12" set with nice spoke design so it makes my golf cart look a little smarter than it does at the moment. If anyone knows a good place to look where I might find a decent set for a little cheaper, that would be great and really help me keep well within my budget? Under $500 would be sweet! I've got a friend who works in upholstery thankfully, so he's going to look at my seats next week to see what he can do with the odd scuff and tear.

swinglong

Ah, ok, i'll have a look and see what they've got, looks like there's a Paddy's day offer on that extends until the end of the week so that's good. I had found some new and used ones at used.forsale/golf-cart-tires but I'll see what American lift kits have to offer too. I'd found a used set that's hardly been touched, that looked nice and were pretty cheap but it was on auction and it timed-out before I could decide whether to go for it or not. Thanks for the heads-up.

swinglong

After looking at some of the Lift Kits, its got me wondering now whether to spend the extra cash and get it lifted so I can put some bigger, badder wheels on it. It is going to stretch my budget but I'm getting a good deal on my upholstery so I'm saving a bit there compared to what I had expected.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
If your planning on lifting it in the future you might as well do it know.
biggrin.gif

It will cheaper to by one of the lift kit packages that come with tires and wheels.