My New Lifted Club Car Golf Cart - Have Some Questions

Discussion in 'Club Car Electric' started by cartusa1, Jan 12, 2018.

1. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

I just got my new lifted Club Car golf cart - I have some questions I need help with.

1. Speed - I was told I can't program this cart with the speed 4 code. This info came from the maker of the program I was looking at. Is this true? I have the little plugin thing under the dash. I also saw a video of someone with a cart just like mine do the speed upgrade. Just trying to make the cart faster - it goes about 15mph now. Please let me know any / all options.. please include a link to any parts or programs

2. Suspension - I know the cart is lifted, but what are the options to make the ride (up front) softer? I have aired down the tires, but it's still really stiff. See pics below.
    Any help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nubs

Nubs Cartaholic

Very Nice cart:hattip:

3. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

Club Car IQ golf carts are have the electronic system that allows speed code 4. You serial number begins with JE and I'm not sure what that means. Forum member @Diode is the Club Car guy here and will be able to tell you more about that when he sees your question.

As far as the stiff ride goes there's not much you can do unless you go with a different lift or lower air pressure in the tires. What air pressure are you running in the tires? Also if the bolts are overtightened on the suspension it can cause the golf cart be stiff. It may soften up a little after you drive it more.

Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

4. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

I think the air pressure is about 10psi... I need to recheck. But I did air them down pretty low.
    Thanks for the info about the speed code. It was actually speed code 5 I was looking at. I was told it won't work with this cart... just want to know what are my options to get the speed up higher..
    thanks again for the replies so far..

5. Diode

Diode Contributor

Your golf cart is An excel cart Speed code 5 will not work speed code 4 Will work. For additional speed and or torque controller or motor are your options.

6. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

I'm sorry, just want to make sure I fully understand your reply. You are saying Speed Code 5 will NOT work with my cart? .. but I can use speed code 4 correct? Is there a way to find out which speed code I have now? With the lift/tires I can run about 15-16mph as it sits now. I assume I have speed code 4 now?

7. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

8. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

I'm pretty sure the only way to tell which setting your golf cart is set at would be to plug in the programmer used by the dealer.

9. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

I found out it has speed code 3... so the question is where do I purchase speed code 4 ?

10. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

As far as I know speed code 4 has to be done by a Club Car dealer.

11. cartusa1

cartusa1 New Member

ok got it,thanks

12. pbillyi69

pbillyi69 Active Member

That's a nice cart. I like that body style a lot.

13. Zman

Zman Member

You can trick the controller with one of those speed sensor magnets that use a different pulse.

14. Diode

Diode Contributor

Magnet will not work this is an Excel cart