Need Help Wiring a PB-6 Pot Box on a Melex Golf Cart

estimator

Ok, been lurking a while, upgrading my cart, almost finished except for one problem. I need help wiring a PB-6 pot box on a 95 Melex 512E golf cart. I have upgraded to 48V, new Alltrax controller, 48V solonoid, 4-guage wires. Here is my problem, my old pot box was not operating correctly, so I go to wire the new pb-6 and there are 2 sets of wires. I understand that the short goes to controller, the long would go to half reverse, but I dont have double-microswitch on FNR, so disreagrd those. However, my old pot has 3 wires coming out, 2 to controller, one to spade link coming from microswitch on FNR and goes thru solonoid. Other part of wire is for buzzer. I can make the cart move w/old pot wiring, but cannot use this box anymore, so how do I wire new pot box to get power. I know this should be simple, but I am missing it here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Welcome to the forum...

The dark blue wire goes from pot box micro to the 1 pin on controller

The shorter black and white wires in sleeve go from pot box to 2&3 on controller.

The orange wire goes from pot box micro to solenoid.

The longer black and white wires are for half speed reverse and can be taped off and not used.

estimator

Thanks for your quick help. My micro has a black from FNR and red from solonoid and that is also linked w/other red wire to #1 pin on contoller orginally. So are you saying that I should disregard that wire and take wire from micro to controller #1 pin for power? That would put 2 wires on one micro terminal, correct? Sorry to sound so newbie here, just want to make sure.

HotRodCarts

Cartaholic
Sorry I just noticed you have a Melex cart. It should work with the wiring I posted but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe someone else here knows for sure. You could contact Alltrax and see what they tell you.

estimator

Thanks for you help. Since I could not figure out how to wire the power in, I started looking at your posts and came up with the idea of wiring mine like a EZGO Marathon golf cart. Took that wiring diagram and re-wired completely, runs like a champ!!

estimator

Gee, thanks, I can tell them how to make it an EZGO Marathon!! By the way Gornoman, seen all your work thru searching posts, very nice!! Plan on changing my charging system this evening.

gornoman

Good luck with that! Remember Gorno's Rule:

Don't hook up anything till you prove the voltage with a meter.

Also, USE FUSES! They are cheaper than controllers and solenoids!

ebaker61

I would be interested to know where you found the wiring diagram for Marathon cart, also if it would work for my 36-v 512-e?

vfwgolfer

Thanks for you help. Since I could not figure out how to wire the power in, I started looking at your posts and came up with the idea of wiring mine like a EZGO Marathon golf cart. Took that wiring diagram and re-wired completely, runs like a champ!!
any chance you can upload some pics. Im currently having the same issue with pot box and solenoid wiring.