Pulling Golf Cart On Trailer

Chisoxguy13

I'll be going down to pick up a new to us lifted golf cart and I was wondering if you needed to remove windshield or top for travel. Anything I should know about pulling one? I pull a 33' travel trailer so not new to towing. Just new to pulling a golf cart. Thanks...

Andy4639

I would take the winsheild off and tie the seat down clean out the glove box area. Make sure everything is tied down good. Put more tie downs than you think you will need just incase some get loose while traveling!

Andy4639

I normally use at least 4 sometime 6 straps. A golfcart without batteries is around 550lbs. with batteries I'd say right about 922LBS. depending on the batteries. This is a cart with no extra's.
I used trojan t-105 for the weight calculation.

Chisoxguy13

OK I'll get two bigger straps to use as well. Thanks for the help. Post pics as soon as I get it home. Hoping to get it on Thursday. Trailer will be built by Wednesday.

DaveT

FWIW,

I use two MAC AUTO tie downs for the back of my cart and for the front, I bought a set of tire tie downs from Cabela's.

What I like about the MAC'S is they compress the buggy's suspension so the golf cart doesn't bounce around while on the trailer.....and with the MAC'S, they are made for auto's.....so they have been doing a great job on holding my cart. Easy to use and easy to ratchet on and off.