Quit Smoking 12/26/2005

Discussion in 'The Country Club' started by HotRodCarts, Jan 3, 2006.

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic Staff Member

I quit smoking Dec. 26th 2005 and so far it has been real tough [​IMG] Just when it seems to be getting easier it gets harder. I will win this battle with the help of the good people I have meet on the forums. As soon as the smoke cravings taper off I will start the weight loss battle. By spring I will be smoke free and 50lbs lighter [​IMG]

2. crazy buffalo

crazy buffalo New Member

Stopped smoking almost 26 years ago when I almost skidded the truck off the road in a
    snow storm to stop and get tobacco. Wondered why little tiny leaves that where wrapped up
    in paper that used to be a tree was controlling my life.
    You can do it!

3. HotRodCarts

I'm sure having a tough time of it [​IMG] [​IMG] Everyday when I wake up I tell myself it will be easier today LOL. It hasn't been yet but I'm hanging in there.
    Thanks the support!

4. club car man

club car man Advanced Member

hey HRC just wonderin how its goin with the smokin. my grandpa quit for about 5 hours then said screw it and went out and bought a pack [​IMG]

5. HotRodCarts

I'm still hangin in there! Been almost 3 weeks now..... [​IMG]
    Thanks for asking...

6. HotRodCarts

3 weeks today and still hanging in there.......... [​IMG]

7. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Thataboy HRC !!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Mark

8. club car man

man seems like its been more than 3 weeks

9. HotRodCarts

QUOTE (club car man @ Jan 14 2006, 09:26 PM) man seems like its been more than 3 weeks
    Tell me about it. To me it feels like its been 3 years [​IMG]

10. HotRodCarts

Its been 32 days now and by putting 10 bucks a day in my stash box I'm $320.00 ahead at this point. [​IMG]

11. spriddle

spriddle Post Decoder

Way2Go!!! Keep it up! [​IMG]

12. wass1967

wass1967 SPEEDAHOLIC

Glad to here it HRC. Keep it up! I need to do better myself with my weight. I really can't see how I am loosing. I sure eat good at night. But it is working. I just ain't stuffing myself like I use to. Good luck!

13. NO NO NO E-Z-GO!

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! New Member

What is the normal weight for someone over 7 feet tall? jk

14. spriddle

spriddle Post Decoder

Are you still smoke free?

15. HotRodCarts

Yes.. I did smoke again for a week or so but it has been over 6 months now witout smoking.

16. Tha_Rooster

Tha_Rooster Advanced Member

I am trying to get a friend of mine to stop smoking but I am having zero luck. Every little comment I make does nothing towards him.

17. club car man

My dad and step mom smoke. My dad's stopped smokin for 2 months before but then he started again a few years ago. My step mom quit smokin last month but started again last weekend and the last time my dad went to the doctor they said he had the lungs of a 93 year old man cause he's been smokin since he was 12 or 13. [​IMG]

18. spriddle

spriddle Post Decoder

QUOTE (HotRodCarts @ Oct 29 2006, 06:14 PM) Yes.. I did smoke again for a week or so but it has been over 6 months now witout smoking.
    Good deal bud. [​IMG] How did you quit: cold turkey or what? Do you still feel like you want one? I want to quit myself. It's not going to be easy and I have tried just about everything. [​IMG]

19. HotRodCarts

Cold Turkry is the only way to go. Trying to cut down never worked for me. The 1st couple of weeks are tough but after that its not to bad. I don't crave them at all anymore. Every once in a while I get the urge but it passes quickly.

20. gornoman

gornoman Cartaholic

QUOTE (HotRodCarts @ Oct 29 2006, 06:14 PM) Yes.. I did smoke again for a week or so but it has been over 6 months now witout smoking.
    Way to go HRC! It should be feeling good by now! A little more wind in the sails! Keep at it!

And spriddle, there is ONLY 1 sure-fire method of quitting:

Never light another smoke again.

This method works EVERYTIME! [​IMG]