Rear Seat

Discussion in 'The Country Club' started by Short Circuit, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

I started to make a rear seat yesterday. Went to the steel supplier and got 20 ' of .100 wall 3/4 x 3/4" square tubing and got the bottom of the seat mount almost done.
    It bolts to the front seat mounts and sits in the bagwell. I still have to weld feet on the uprights and finish the back support mounts.
    When it is all done just remove the 2 bolts and the whole seat assembly can be taken off the cart.

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic Staff Member

Nice work Short Circuit!! Keep us posted on progress.

3. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Thanks HRC,
    I figured that I had enough square tubing left to make some siderails

4. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

We went to get the vinyl today. I couldn't get the off white color I wanted so I went with plain white. For the price of the vinyl ($10 for a yard and a half) when and if I find the off white I will redo the seats.
    This was our first time making seats and the only thing I wasn't really happy with was the corners. No matter how Mrs. Circuit and I folded them we couldn't get the corners so you couldn't see a fold.

5. ACEGOLFCARTGUY

ACEGOLFCARTGUY Cartaholic

looks good. wow short circuit ure a little guy to know how to weld and everything already. [​IMG]

6. HotRodCarts

Looks REAL NICE!!! And a hole lot cheaper than what they cost to buy one already done.

7. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Ace
    I have 2 welding helmets and he watches me weld !!
    I haven't been welding for that long and I have never did upholstory before.
    I just jumped in and did it.
    HRC, I have about $60 in material and about 6 hours in it, which I don't count because it was fun for me to do.
    So for $60 I have a rear seat for my golf cart [​IMG]

Mark

8. spriddle

spriddle Post Decoder

Looks really good. Nice work!!

9. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Thanks Spriddle, it was alot of fun to build [​IMG]

Mark

10. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

That looks great! The kids look like they are happy with it.

11. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Thanks BigDawg, They wanted to go out for a ride after the pic was taken, but it was just too cold ! [​IMG]

Mark

12. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Been busy today. I needed to make a footrest for the backseat that would incorperate a hitch to tow the dragster with.

And while I was at it, I put the dragster up on the bench to start working on it. David's dragster is sold ( still has to be picked up) so the kids will be running the same car this year with different engines and clutch setups.

The wife's credit card took a beating on Friday ordering a bunch of parts for this car [​IMG]

13. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy New Member

Very cool...You do nice work!!! [​IMG]

14. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

QUOTE (TheNewGuy @ Mar 20 2006, 06:39 AM) Very cool...You do nice work!!! [​IMG]
    Thanks, I have fun doing stuff like that. [​IMG]

Mark

15. HotRodCarts

Nice job. And the dragster looks real nice to.

16. club car man

club car man Advanced Member

WOW. its lookin really good. you did some nice work. and the dragster looks AWESOME too

17. Tha_Rooster

Tha_Rooster Advanced Member

Now make that cart go as fast as that dragster [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOOKIN GOOD!

18. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. [​IMG]
    Racing season is just about upon us. I just got the order of parts in for the dragster today from Motivational Tubing in Kansas. Working on it tonight. Keely's big motor goes to the engine builder hopefully the end of next week.
    Now if the weather would just warm up some !!!!!! [​IMG]
    There is no way I would want to drive a golf cart 75 mph with the steering system they have. That would be one hairy ride [​IMG]

Mark