Rookie Golf Cart Guy with New Project

SnapOnRob

okay guys and girls I got my first cart, she needs some work but is running now. I’m looking to replace rear brakes, steering is very loose and seems a little under powered.
I changed air filter and fuel filter already and have start reupholstering the seats.
I’ll take any help I can get, I’ve never worked on a cart before so fire away!!!

Attachments

• A3BA0BE6-1B6A-4520-80A7-7C9DFCD6F36E.jpeg
    A3BA0BE6-1B6A-4520-80A7-7C9DFCD6F36E.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 6

Nubs

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Hey:hattip:
I would start by checking the valve clearance, there known for intake valve issues, Then I would do a compression test and that will give you a good idea of where the engine is at. There are different drive clutch springs that raise the ingagement RPMs and gives ya better power.
Need to compression test with the throttle all the way open for a good reading, anything over a 150lbs is good.

SnapOnRob

Okay I’ll try to do that today we driven it several times just seems to flat off pretty quick I just maybe use to four wheelers

TColvin

They are not to compare take off and speed with 4 wheeler, (if you mean like a Honda or Suzuki or such) two different animals. A golf cart is not designed for this type action. Although some will run in excess of 30 miles per hour, I wouldn't advise it. They are more like the family sedan so to speak. Lol