Troubleshooting Club Car QT0947

Discussion in 'Club Car Electric' started by johna, Jul 29, 2018.

1. johna

johna New Member

Hi,
    I picked up this Club Car ( tilt bed ) QT0947-068661 at an auction. It did not run and need some help troubleshooting. We got it home and the batteries were completely dead and the charger did not turn on when plugged in. We pulled all the batteries, cleaned them up, and charged each one with a standard 6v charger. Put them back in and cleaned all the cables. The charger now turns on. Turn the key on and press the accelerator pedal and nothing. No click at the relay. Screws were loose on the dash so we pulled that off. there were three wires there that did not go to anything (see photo) I read about limit switches, but could not find any. There is a black box with a two wire and a three wire connector, attached to the accelerator shaft, but I could not get the cover off. I have no voltage to the small red wires on the relay when key is on and pedal depressed. Have voltage to the heavy wire from batteries. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

What your total battery pack voltage? Welcome to the forum. :hattip:

3. Diode

Diode Cartaholic - V.I.P.

For me the pictures are too close I'm having a hard time figuring out what area im looking at. the controller see if it says Curtis five hundred amp and see if the motor has a speed sensor on the back end

4. johna

johna New Member

It has 8 6v batteries for 48v

5. johna

johna New Member

here are a few more pictures. It is a curtis 500 amp. Don't know what to look for as far as the speed sensor so i took a picture. let me know if you need more

Attached Files:

6. johna

johna New Member

Looking for ideas on what to look for

7. johna

johna New Member

Hi,
    since I wrote last, I gave it a good charge and it drove. It goes in reverse fine, but forward is tricky. if you step on the gas pedal it lerches forward and cuts out. if I slowly apply pressure it jerks a bit then I can give it more and it goes forward well. If I remove my foot from the gas, i have to start it off slow again until it catches. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

8. Diode

It looks like the back half of the motor is coming apart fix that
    Pictures are helpful but you’re trying to get them too specific back up and get more information into the pictures

9. Diode

On the controller or motor swap the blue and orange wires only at one place and not bus it will run forward in reverse

10. johna

johna New Member

I don't know what is happening here. It seems to be healing. We went out to switch the wires and before we could, it went forward perfectly as well as reverse! Now the only thing that does not work is the headlights. We traced the wire back to the terminal on the computer, but there is no voltage at the terminal. I could live without lights, but if there is a fix why not.