Winter Upgrades

Discussion in 'The Country Club' started by HotRodCarts, Dec 29, 2005.

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic Staff Member

Just wondering what if any upgrades/mod's everyone has planned for the carts over the winter months?
    I have a few brewing. I'm in the process of sanding the body of my red clubcar pitcart. Not sure what color to paint it but I'm thinking blue like the one I just sold.

I'm also thinking about lifting my white 92 Marathon sparkie and doing the much needed repairs to its sloppy steering. I beat the crap out of that cart and never did much to it besides grease it and beat it LMAO. It needs new springs front and rear so I'm going with HD's in the rear and TXT's in the front. And some 22" All-Trails with cheap rims.

2. MoKanCraig

MoKanCraig New Member

You saw the paint on my cart. I hope to get my 24" Mudlites in soon and I need to replace the engine mounts (I've got them, just haven't replaced them yet). Other than that, I need to finish bobbing the cart by building a new bag well (though I doubt this cart will ever see another golf course). [​IMG]

3. MoKanCraig

MoKanCraig New Member

Oh yeah, if you need a lift kit my brother in-law has an extra one for an electric cart...

4. HotRodCarts

I was going to build one but if the price is right I'm interested. Is it a drop axle or block?

5. MoKanCraig

MoKanCraig New Member

Block...

6. HotRodCarts

Let me know what he wants for it.

7. MoKanCraig

MoKanCraig New Member

Will do!

8. ACEGOLFCARTGUY

ACEGOLFCARTGUY Cartaholic

I got some upgrades planned for my Workhorse.
    Right now it has 22" nissan sentra tires and wheels but I plan on replacing those tires with 27" Super Swampers.

9. IAMCOOL

IAMCOOL New Member

im just trying to find the spare time to finish mine

10. ACEGOLFCARTGUY

Finish? It looks more than finished to me. If only it was my cart LOL

11. gornoman

gornoman Cartaholic

Those 2-tone Evaders are really good looking. A guy at our campground bought the shiney ones 2 weeks before I showed up with the 2-tones. He chased me down to my site and wanted to know how I painted them like that. Boy, was he surprised when I told him I bought them that way.

Here that low thumping noise? That's him beating his head against the wall.[/color][/font]

12. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

I finally got some 22's for the cart so next in line is some kind of a rollcage and a rear seat.

Mark

13. spriddle

spriddle Post Decoder

I'm just trying to find the time to get mine started and finish some other unfinished business.

14. Short Circuit

Short Circuit New Member

This is what I've got done so far. 22 - 11 - 8 tires, bumpers painted gloss black. Now I am looking for the driven clutch spring, getting rid of the 20 lb muffler to something smaller and a little more noisy and starting to build a rear seat.

Mark

15. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

We don't have winter where I live. (Coastal Georgia) But I plan on putting an EMP Lightning Redesign motor in my cart.

16. shooterclay

shooterclay New Member

QUOTE (BIGDAWG69 @ Feb 18 2006, 12:42 PM) We don't have winter where I live. (Coastal Georgia) But I plan on putting an EMP Lightning Redesign motor in my cart.
    i've got the emp 2-speed, what's the lightning?

17. BIGDAWG69

BIGDAWG69 New Member

Lightning Redesign is the name that EMP call their motors.

18. HotRodCarts

This thread was from last winter. Whats everyone doing or planning for their carts this winter?

19. ACEGOLFCARTGUY

I have a lot planned for all 6 of my carts this winter. [​IMG] I have my beer cart sold so that gives me money to continue with the electric to gas cart. Its gonna take a while for me to say all I have planned for my carts. BBL

20. MoKanCraig

MoKanCraig New Member

I might add a car battery to mine. The lawn mower battery that's in there now won't turn it over in this cold weather without a fresh charge.

Other than that I'd better wait until I get some credit card debt payed off before I go spending money on the cart... [​IMG]