Yamaha G2 Surges at Half Throttle

Discussion in 'Yamaha Gas' started by garyfg, Sep 17, 2015.

1. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

It could be a intake leak at the carb/manifold/head.
    Spray some carb cleaner in those areas and see if the RPM changes.

2. Thorholt

Thorholt New Member

Didn't find any leaks, runs good at low rpm also just seems to run out of fuel at high rpm's with the air cleaner tube on, ok without it.

3. Pro

Pro New Member

I've been struggling with this problem for 2 1/2 yrs. and have tried everything in this thread. I'm surprised that removing the air intake makes a difference in your trouble shooting .
    I'm suspecting the problem is a poor ground in the electrical system. I read in buggies unlimited that running a jumper from the Black wire at the igniter directly to the negative battery terminal was worth a try.

4. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Cartaholic

A Yamaha golf cart won't run good at all even if the lid isn't sealed right on the air filter box. If there's a ground problem though I could see how running a jumper on the ignitor's black/ground wire to the negative on the battery may help.

5. letitbe

letitbe Member

Please folks , when slowing down with a cart with a 2 stroke engine, let clear off the throttle don't try to give them just a little gas as this can cause back fires and back fires in 2 stroke engines can blow crank case seals and then you lose compression and looking at replacing the seals.

6. letitbe

letitbe Member

Do those have a crank case check valve? If they do make sure they are working properly as well.