1986 Club Car DS 36v Resistor Cart

ShawnDH

When I have the cart in jack stands it will go pretty decent forward and reverse. When I put it on the ground and get on it, it won’t go in reverse at all. Had to push it out of the shop and drives forward about six or 7 miles an hour. I’ve tested the Vglide. All the solenoids seem to be good.

Jeff10456

when I have the cart in jack stands it will go pretty decent forward and reverse. When I put it on the ground and get on it, it won’t go in reverse at all. Had to push it out of the shop and drives forward about six or 7 miles an hour. I’ve tested the Vglide. All the solenoids seem to be good.
what does seem to be mean?
you tested them ?
or not ?

post the voltage results from testing please
starting with pack voltage and moving thru the process of testing

ShawnDH

The battery pack reads 37.6 volts the solenoids click open and the should. The cart doesn’t start moving til the 2nd solenoid opens and the other click the more you press the accelerator. In reverse on jack stands it won’t move til the 4th solenoid clicks which is from what I understand correct but when I put it on the ground will not move in reverse at all, and don’t leave until the third solenoid opens and runs up through about 7 miles an hour maybe

ShawnDH

Jeff, I can’t get you the voltage on the solenoids at the moment. I’ve got the motor off to check the brushes on it during the process of removing the motor I broke one of the studs off

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
What battery is the reverse cable connected to? Should be 18 or 24 volts. If it is in the right spot the batteries that are used for reverse are probably weak.