Club Car Caroche - Mod Build

daygo1966

I recently bought a Club Car Caroche cart. I’m going to gut it and redo the entire cart top to bottom.
I have not picked it up yet, but wondering is the entire frame aluminum? I was too also put an AC motor set up in it. How much is interchangeable on Club Car stuff with this cart? More so the rear end/drivetrain. Plans are to convert it to AC w/Lithium batteries.
Thanks in advance

Matagorda

Mine is 1980, and yes, aluminum. You will find there are a ton of parts that use the same part number as today's carts. The only issue you will probably have is a brake master cylinder or wheel cylinder issue because these are hydraulic brakes that are no longer used. I have a parts catalog, I would be glad to email you. Just shoot me a line [email protected]

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
The rear end may be different and the AC won't bolt up to it because the motor has the splinded shaft rather than the axle

Matagorda

I actually found a master cylinder from NAPA! 55 bucks.. The old guys in there said they can match the wheel cylinders with 100 percent confidence. If its the same as the master cylinder they should be about 10-20 bucks each. I ordered my shoes from EBAY. Within two weeks, I should have brakes!

Dw89xj

Cartaholic
I'm curious how close in size these wheel cylinders are to being able to get adapted to other carts drum brakes?

Zman

Cartaholic
Whoa, I do not think you can do a A/C conversion. What spline is the input shaft on the rear end? A Std Club car is 12 spline and a Sepex motor . Your motor is series wound. You better find a kit with a complete wiring harness too.