I Purchased a Curtis 1313-3231 Scan Tool to Help Diagnose Problems

I purchased a Curtis 1313-3231 scan tool to help diagnose problems. I would like to be able reset speeds but it wont let me. Is there any way to upgrade either with program on an SD card or by interface on line with my computer?? too many carts at our resort are set to go way too fast ! I use the scanner on a regular basis to help diagnose and fix problems so if there is a cost factor I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee !

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
What does it tell you when you try to change speed codes you can only do 1 2 and 3 you cannot do code 4

In a lot of cases they need to be slowed down. Our resort has a speed limit of 15kph/8mph and a few customers hav asked if I can cut back their speed. Most factory settings for carts is in the 10-14kph range . Nobody really objects if your Cart can do 20 but I have personally seen some doing 25 + and with all the kids at the resort thats just dangerous!

Diode

Cartaholic - V.I.P. Sponsor
My code 5 can be programmed for any speed between 1 and 23 on stock carts.
but speed code 1 or 2 would be close enough your programmer should be able to set speed

pupi305

My code 5 can be programmed for any speed between 1 and 23 on stock carts.
but speed code 1 or 2 would be close enough your programmer should be able to set speed
How do I know if my programmer would allow me to program speed code 4 and 5?

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
The -X number on the programmer determines it's capability, so 1313-3231 = level 3 = "Dealer" level. The levels go 1/User, 2/Service, 3/Dealer, and 4/OEM. Note these are the level descriptions from Curtis, not Club Car, who has certain parameters locked down that would be accessible with the same programmer on a non manufacturer specific Curtis controller. With the level 4 I can get 30 mph out of a stock EZGO RXV, but with Club Car I can only get up to 14.8, or 19.2 if I pay them for the code (I can go as low as I want though). The "OEM" on Club Car does not have anywhere near the capability that the actual factory does and is really what I would describe as "Service" level. I am not sure if any programmer below level 4 is capable of adjusting the speed on a Club Car so that might be your problem, but I have never tried using a level 3 so I'm not sure. There are level 5 and 6 programmers that can adjust the locked down settings however these are not publicly available as Curtis only leases them to manufacturers so that they never end up on the secondhand market.

Golf Cart Wizard

Cartaholic - V.I.P.
Well I was able to “downgrade” my programmer to level 3/“Dealer” to see what happened. The entire settings menu is missing (which contains speed adjustment and several other parameters), so basically anything below level 4/“OEM” is not capable of anything more than diagnostics/monitoring on a Club Car.